Sign in to follow this  
Jason H.

Elgato Stream Deck WARNING!

The old version of the Stream Deck software and firmware has a potential account killer bug. Namely, it has a tendency to execute a key input more than once on a single press (meaning you press "buy 100" once and end up sending 2 buy orders). I discovered this bug is exacerbated if you upgrade the software but not the Stream Deck firmware. This issue is FIXED (I tested in a text document with no errors) with the current firmware, but it takes a second step in order to update the firmware:

1. Open the Stream Deck app

2. Click the gear icon in the middle right top

3. Hit "Check for updates" next to software version and update it's available

4. Once installed, open the settings (gear icon) again and look at the firmware version. There will be a button to update firmware if it's not current. Press it and profit

As with any configurable hardware tool, I suggest testing your setup thoroughly before using it in live trading. The Stream Deck and other input devices are great efficiency tools, but they aren't immune to bugs.

Thanks Jason for stressing the importance, I think I had the latest because I just bought the unit a couple weeks ago!

Ouch! Did that problem cost you real money, or did you discover it with the simulator? (I hope it was the latter...?)