David L

Adding tabs to desktop

Hi – Can anyone help me this (I thought) simple problem (I contacted DAS but they didn’t have a solution):

I’m limited to using a laptop (so one screen) for my SIM trading at the moment.  I’d like extra to space, so I wanted to open a second tab to display additional charts – so that I can click back and forth between the main screen (my positions, level 2, a couple of charts, etc., etc.) and the new tab with additional charts.  The problem is that although the default DAS desktop has that tab (lower left – and clicking that provides the option to open additional tabs) on my customized desktop from BBT, it doesn’t exist.  In fact the whole lower taskbar (which should include the symbol lower right to check ping rates) is missing.  I moved my Windows task bar – but that isn’t covering anything.  DAS suggested I minimize the desktop to reveal the tab, but although I have the minimize icon (the square) top right, and clicking it gives the double square (indicating minimization) – it doesn’t minimize.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks –

David L

Hi David,

Go to Tools > Status Bar

The tabs should be visible with that option checked.

THANKS Robert!  Really appreciated.  I thought it HAD to be simple!  DAS should put you on the payroll.  Two clicks and it was done (contrasting with the inches of emails spent on someone at DAS who knows less than you).   David

• Thanks 1

A question related to this... 

I'm allowed a default & 4 displays on DAS.  Is there a way to toggle between them via a hotkey script?  It would be much faster to scan quickly rather than moving the mouse to the bottom of the page each time I want to see a different display.

Also, I see DAS has fibs, does it have pivot points available for charting too?

9 minutes ago, schaeferjjay said:

A question related to this... 

I'm allowed a default & 4 displays on DAS.  Is there a way to toggle between them via a hotkey script?  It would be much faster to scan quickly rather than moving the mouse to the bottom of the page each time I want to see a different display.

Also, I see DAS has fibs, does it have pivot points available for charting too?

I believe pivots are available. I don't use them personally.

Here is the hotkey command for switching tabs:

SwitchTab tabname

I assume if you omit tabname, it just cycles through. If you specify tabname, it jumps directly to that tab. Please test for yourself.