Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Hello,

my name is Lumir, and I am a Cloud Storage Engineer from the heart of Europe, the good old Czech Republic. Trading has always fascinated me, but I just never got into it—until now, that is. Of course, I finished Andrew's book on day trading and am currently learning all the pieces and possible strategies while watching other people trade. This week, I have 40+ hours in the simulator, slowly building up my skills and testing things. It's been so much fun to learn something so awesome and possibly life-changing. What could help me is that I played poker for a living for a couple of years, so I can calculate risk and profit quite fast, it seems.

Anyways, I look forward to working with this community. If you'd like to do a meetup in Prague, it's an amazing city.

• Like 1

Hello everybody, 

I am Olus, from Belgium. I work as a Consultant in Financial Services after +16 years working in Brokerage where I held commercial & operational positions. 

I trade for more than 12 years now,... Although I am good with investments management, I suck at trading where all of my 12 years have been in the red. The reason is simple: I tend to TILT after a couple of losing trades and begin revenge trading with overleverage, with a well known result: blowing my accounts & losing it all. 

When I look to my past performance, I see that 10 to 15 trading days are causing my accounts to blow. I can have 10, 15, 20 positive days but when it have a 3-4 losing trades streak, things get wild and I lose control. 

This is thus the area I work on and the reason I have joined this community. Ensure to follow my trading rules & stick to my plan. 

I know that it is the losing days limits which allow us to have positive results at the end of the year. I have read tons of books on Trading psychology, which is a passion of mine. It is now time for me to respect the process. And I count on the presence of the members to support & motivate me on this path. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2024 at 3:47 PM, Icare said:

Hello everybody, 

I am Olus, from Belgium. I work as a Consultant in Financial Services after +16 years working in Brokerage where I held commercial & operational positions. 

I trade for more than 12 years now,... Although I am good with investments management, I suck at trading where all of my 12 years have been in the red. The reason is simple: I tend to TILT after a couple of losing trades and begin revenge trading with overleverage, with a well known result: blowing my accounts & losing it all. 

When I look to my past performance, I see that 10 to 15 trading days are causing my accounts to blow. I can have 10, 15, 20 positive days but when it have a 3-4 losing trades streak, things get wild and I lose control. 

This is thus the area I work on and the reason I have joined this community. Ensure to follow my trading rules & stick to my plan. 

I know that it is the losing days limits which allow us to have positive results at the end of the year. I have read tons of books on Trading psychology, which is a passion of mine. It is now time for me to respect the process. And I count on the presence of the members to support & motivate me on this path. 

Hi and welcome. Read this for possible solution https://open.substack.com/pub/traderpeter/p/why-are-your-losing-days-bigger-than?r=1wujo4&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Hello,

I'm Eleanor, from Ontario, Canada. I've been a BBT member for a couple months now and recently started sim trading with the funded account. I work a corporate job that I enjoy, but have been in the same role for a long time and wanted to learn something new, and I have been intrigued by day trading for a long time and decided now was the time to learn. I love the community focus of BBT and hope to see many of you in the chatroom!

• Like 1

Hello,

I am Rong from Seattle, Washington, USA. I am a software engineer. I just finished my bootcamp training and started using BBT. I trade opening momentum breakouts/breakdowns. I developed trading bots to execute orders for me to achieve fast order submission and following my rules. You can read about my trading bot here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WN9hR-SVI6q3vMwEA69xNbXWvPmpl2Zt14jnxqHydPQ/edit#heading=h.ajxsjfzc2f52

• Like 2

Hi BBT Family,
I'm Harry. I became a proud BBT member on May 30, 2024.  I learned of Andrew in his first book, How to Day Trade for a Living. Soon after, I bought and read, Day Trading for a Living.  Recently, I bought and read the Introduction to Trading Psychology.  In becoming a proud BBT member, I've received the Advance Techniques in Day Trading, which I'm planning on reading soon.  

I've been an option to swing trader or investor for nearly 20 years.  After reading Andrew's books, I'm interested in becoming a Part-Time Day Trader.  

Looking forward to becoming a valuable member of BBT family.  
Thanks,
Harry