Jump to content
Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Boardercol said:

Hi All

I'm Colin , 54 years old and from over the pond in the UK. 

I've always been interested in figures and numbers, but never really did much with it. Qualified in electronics, but bounced around doing various things, now semi retired with a bit more time on my hands.

For years I have been saying i need to do some type of course, so I started an accounting course last year, but after passing the first year, I decided it was not for me. Then trading slowly started to work its way into my brain, it was a slow steady calling in my head. After much research, I decided on Bear Bull ( one of the UK companies said its dead easy !!!! Pffff, they went straight in the recycle bin) .

I look forward to learning and hope my brain doesn't get too frazzled.

Cheers

Colin L

Welcome to BBT!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I just joined this forum.  Have been learning trading bits for the last year and finally started paper trading in December.  Mostly I'm just learning the platform, and starting January I set out to triple a 3000$ account - gonna attempt this 3 times until I actually start trading with real money.  Looking forward to learning from all of you and eventually trading real money.  

Personal info... Shane is my name.  I'm 31 and live in Okanagan valley in BC, Canada.  

Thanks!  Hopefully you'll see me in the chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello BBT! Name’s Adam (AdamzTradez)! I joined BBT on Monday Jan 24th, 2022.

I have a 9-5 as a Microsoft DevOps Developer in the Houston Texas area (Work from home).  I have been a Microsoft Developer (Microsoft Stack) for 20+ years.

 

My Trading Journey:

I am coming from Warrior Trading where I spent a 1 full year with Ross learning about Momentum Trading small cap (small float) stocks with a long bias.  I really enjoyed learning from Ross and his team, however, I found that I am not as quick at executing my trades as Ross. I also felt that I wanted to learn more about trading mid/large caps, specifically how to short.  

As a warrior trader, I was taught that 10 cents a day keeps the W2 away! I was able to squeeze 10cents out of most if not all of my winning trades. However, I found I was giving back 30 cents on my losers as they would flush right past my “Mental” stops and I would fall back to my then horrible strategy of HAHahahaha (Hold and Hope) it would bounce or pivot back to let me stop out break even,  only to watch continue on it’s journey back down to VWAP, 9EMA, LOD,  Center of the Earth, you get the point. 

What I began to notice is the Short Sellers would have a field day shorting against Ross and make a killing in their PNL.  Buying Pivots or Reversal became a very logical way to trade tickers, however, I was only taught how to go long. ( Ross is Long biased as he trades primarily in an IRA account )

I gave myself one full year to complete my training with Warrior, but began looking for a new community that could train me in reversal and pivots.  I began to watch Thor’s Youtube recaps and could clearly see, “wow! This guy gets it!”  As soon as my Warrior Membership expired, I bought into BBT.   I look forward to learning from Thor and all at BBT.

Specifically, I am looking for coaching/mentorship on improving my entries and holding my winners longer.  Improving my Risk Management from 3:1 to 1:3 minimum. 

I have live trading stats on TraderVue from Sept 2021.  I’ll attach a screenshot if possible.

I currently trade on DAS with TD Ameritrade.

Anyone willing to take on a new student or refer me to a group, to assist in pinpoint entries, learning pivots, reversals, trends, L2, T/S. etc…?

Any feedback is welcome!  Cheers! - AdamzTradez

(if you are unable to see attachment, I have uploaded image to imgur: Here )

chrome_6rK08KUgkV.png

Edited by AdamzTradez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the BBT Family. I too tried to trade with Ross. I tried for 3 years before I finally realized I could not trade that style and I found the BBT family. It has still taken me over a year to feel like I now know what works and doesn't alone with working on the phycology side.

You will love it here because there are plenty of styles and approaches to trading and you can incorporate that into your own style.

Good luck. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Robert! Ross is a wizard at Long Small Cap/ Small Floats for sure! There are very few that can trade exactly as he does.  I look forward to the BBT training.  I have already binged all of Thor's VPA and Market Auction Theory! 🤯(Mind blown!)  This will definitely give me new tools to add to my trading tool belt.  Appreciate the welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Abiel said:

Hi Adam, welcome to BBT! I´m sure here you will find different styles and approaches to get your own trading style. 

Thank you for the welcome Abiel! I look forward to learning, sharing, and collaborating with BBT members. - Adam

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Everyone, my name is Bob Pike and I'm in Barrie, ON.  After 28 years with the military and 5 years with Shared Services Canada I've decided on trading as a third career.  I plan to retire from SSC in two years as my pension will be at max after 35 years.  This sounds great, unless you have an ex that walked away with half your pension and every penny you had, sigh.  

I started with some Motley Fool subscriptions and became fascinated with Coupang.  I opened an account with Questrade and started swing trading Coupang, riding the bumps for 10 cents or more per share, eventually trading 1,000 shares at a time.  Recently the January correction trapped me with 1390 shares at $22.63 and it's trading around $19 right now so I'm stuck for a few weeks.  Once stuck, I bought Andrew's book "How to Day Trade for a Living" and realized that I have no idea what I'm doing, LOL.

I want to start over and do everything you folks are doing, use the same brokers, software, methodology.  I like to help people so hopefully I can learn enough to be of service to others.  I have a lot of family and ties to BC so it's nice to belong to a group headquartered there.

I have a new monitor coming on Monday so I'm really excited:  4K HDR display with Ambiglow 558M1RY/27 | Philips  .  I want to see if one giant monitor will be as good for trading as a bunch of little ones.  I've read that you can go either way.  I'm doing data center networking from home now due to the pandemic so spend all day in front of screens, I just accidentally broke my ASUS 49" curved monitor that I loved.

Thanks for having me, I hope to learn quickly and help others if I can.

-Bob Pike  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bob Pike said:

Hi, Everyone, my name is Bob Pike and I'm in Barrie, ON.  After 28 years with the military and 5 years with Shared Services Canada I've decided on trading as a third career.  I plan to retire from SSC in two years as my pension will be at max after 35 years.  This sounds great, unless you have an ex that walked away with half your pension and every penny you had, sigh.  

I started with some Motley Fool subscriptions and became fascinated with Coupang.  I opened an account with Questrade and started swing trading Coupang, riding the bumps for 10 cents or more per share, eventually trading 1,000 shares at a time.  Recently the January correction trapped me with 1390 shares at $22.63 and it's trading around $19 right now so I'm stuck for a few weeks.  Once stuck, I bought Andrew's book "How to Day Trade for a Living" and realized that I have no idea what I'm doing, LOL.

I want to start over and do everything you folks are doing, use the same brokers, software, methodology.  I like to help people so hopefully I can learn enough to be of service to others.  I have a lot of family and ties to BC so it's nice to belong to a group headquartered there.

I have a new monitor coming on Monday so I'm really excited:  4K HDR display with Ambiglow 558M1RY/27 | Philips  .  I want to see if one giant monitor will be as good for trading as a bunch of little ones.  I've read that you can go either way.  I'm doing data center networking from home now due to the pandemic so spend all day in front of screens, I just accidentally broke my ASUS 49" curved monitor that I loved.

Thanks for having me, I hope to learn quickly and help others if I can.

-Bob Pike  

Hi Bob, welcome to BBT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris Self (ChrisNWA in the chats).  I'm from Bentonville, Arkansas (Home of Walmart).  I've been in various corporate finance roles for 27 years, either with Walmart or various CPG companies.  As I'm approaching 50, I've been considering retiring from Corporate Finance and moving into my 2nd career.  After all these years, I'm pretty burned out from working really hard and crazy hours, all while missing out on family stuff...and for minimal returns.  I first started researching day trading in May 2021 as a possible 'control my own destiny' option.  I started off with a $500 cash account and quickly found out it day trading was much harder than I thought.  I read Andrew's book and had so many "Ah-Ha" moments.  It made me want to learn even more.  I was hesitant to spend money on formal training, but in December, I finally accepted the importance of it and that it was a relatively low risk to spend the cash there.  In the last month since joining the community, I've only had one red day (all in Sim).  The stuff I'm learning is FOR SURE worth what I spent as I try to get this new career started.  I've been attending as many of the webinars as I can, and watching the recordings of the ones I miss.  I can't believe how much I'm learning.  And I can't speak highly enough of being a part of a community.  I'm excited to get to know some of you and will be planning to join one of the meet-ups in 2022.

As for now, I'm targeting a retirement date of July 4th....Independence Day.  I'm very anxious about making the transition...it's very hard to let go of the 'guaranteed' paycheck.  I'll be shifting to trading live over the next few weeks.  I want to give myself time to learn how I react when there's real money on the line.  The psychology is so stinking important...probably the biggest thing I've learned so far.  Money makes me emotional.  If I lose it, I get angry, sad, depressed, etc.  If I get a big gain, I can become consumed with making even more.  I'm learning to keep those emotions in check, while allowing myself to celebrate the wins and learn from the losses.  Today, I hit my profit target early, and shut down the computer....had to fight the urge for over an hour to power it back on.  But, progress made still...

Sorry for the long-winded intro....

Keep it Green!

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, stofur said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Chris Self (ChrisNWA in the chats).  I'm from Bentonville, Arkansas (Home of Walmart).  I've been in various corporate finance roles for 27 years, either with Walmart or various CPG companies.  As I'm approaching 50, I've been considering retiring from Corporate Finance and moving into my 2nd career.  After all these years, I'm pretty burned out from working really hard and crazy hours, all while missing out on family stuff...and for minimal returns.  I first started researching day trading in May 2021 as a possible 'control my own destiny' option.  I started off with a $500 cash account and quickly found out it day trading was much harder than I thought.  I read Andrew's book and had so many "Ah-Ha" moments.  It made me want to learn even more.  I was hesitant to spend money on formal training, but in December, I finally accepted the importance of it and that it was a relatively low risk to spend the cash there.  In the last month since joining the community, I've only had one red day (all in Sim).  The stuff I'm learning is FOR SURE worth what I spent as I try to get this new career started.  I've been attending as many of the webinars as I can, and watching the recordings of the ones I miss.  I can't believe how much I'm learning.  And I can't speak highly enough of being a part of a community.  I'm excited to get to know some of you and will be planning to join one of the meet-ups in 2022.

As for now, I'm targeting a retirement date of July 4th....Independence Day.  I'm very anxious about making the transition...it's very hard to let go of the 'guaranteed' paycheck.  I'll be shifting to trading live over the next few weeks.  I want to give myself time to learn how I react when there's real money on the line.  The psychology is so stinking important...probably the biggest thing I've learned so far.  Money makes me emotional.  If I lose it, I get angry, sad, depressed, etc.  If I get a big gain, I can become consumed with making even more.  I'm learning to keep those emotions in check, while allowing myself to celebrate the wins and learn from the losses.  Today, I hit my profit target early, and shut down the computer....had to fight the urge for over an hour to power it back on.  But, progress made still...

Sorry for the long-winded intro....

Keep it Green!

Chris

Hi Chris, welcome to BBT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rob (RunGoodRob in the chat) and I'm from the Niagara area in Ontario. During the pandemic I was permanently laid off from a winery where I worked for 17 years in IT. I've always been interested in day trading and am looking to get some good education and do it correctly. I'm mostly interested in options (SPY) but since they trade in tandem with the underlying security I'm looking to learn everything I can.

I'm also quite into poker and am not sure if that will be a positive or a negative to my trading career. On the plus side it helps thinking in probabilities and knowing that you can do everything right and still not get the desired outcome. But on the downside I don't want to venture too far into "gambling" in the market.

From everything I've learned about BBT it sounds like an awesome community and I'm looking forward to (virtually) meet everyone.

Cheers,
Rob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2022 at 2:53 PM, RunGoodRob said:

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rob (RunGoodRob in the chat) and I'm from the Niagara area in Ontario. During the pandemic I was permanently laid off from a winery where I worked for 17 years in IT. I've always been interested in day trading and am looking to get some good education and do it correctly. I'm mostly interested in options (SPY) but since they trade in tandem with the underlying security I'm looking to learn everything I can.

I'm also quite into poker and am not sure if that will be a positive or a negative to my trading career. On the plus side it helps thinking in probabilities and knowing that you can do everything right and still not get the desired outcome. But on the downside I don't want to venture too far into "gambling" in the market.

From everything I've learned about BBT it sounds like an awesome community and I'm looking forward to (virtually) meet everyone.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob, welcome to BBT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

My name is Abraham (age 52), and I live in Maryland, USA. Hence the MD on my profile name (not a medical doctor!). I am brand spanking new to this world of trading. I have been watching tons of videos and reading books since November 2021. In January (2022) I joined the BBT community, and since then have been learning from all the videos on the site. I am just beginning to set up the DAS platform, and hope to begin simulator trading in a week or so. I am both immensely excited about learning more about this new world, while at the same time somewhat anxious. I look forward to learning from everyone here, and I hope this is the start of a new network of relationships and friendships over the years.

Peace!

Abraham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.