Brian Pez

Swing Trade CL

I like the way CL is trading on a down market day.  Something is going on here.  I have bought some Dec options and took a small share position through 63.  Stop below 62.5 and looking for 65 to start scaling out.

• Like 1

Hi Brian what strike calls did you buy. Assuming you are ling on this. Any other setup technically triggered his trade or just strength in a weak market?  Thanks

Hello Brian or other traders,  i am struggeling to form a new platform for scanners to make swing trader avalible and this with Trade Ideas.  I can t daytrade because of my work hours.  But swing trading i likly gonne work.  Do you have a fixed platform with scanners to surge??

thanks

Peter

2 hours ago, phennes said:

Hello Brian or other traders,  i am struggeling to form a new platform for scanners to make swing trader avalible and this with Trade Ideas.  I can t daytrade because of my work hours.  But swing trading i likly gonne work.  Do you have a fixed platform with scanners to surge??

thanks

Peter

I use Finviz for scanning, should work fine for Swing trading..., for trading and on swing, free online Broker platforms should be good...

@Brian Pez you probably stopped out on $CL, would you still look to re-enter or is it pretty much done ? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Hello traders,  i have many years behind trading but with options en still.  I started in 1995 and read many books.  Stocks was nothing for me not enough capital to trade with.  I learned about options and i like it.  Mostly on the Dutch index AEX and also on the dax (strangles).  It is working wel.  But i needed more time and because of my difficult workinghours it was dif.  to serieus thing on the markets.  I still do each month a strangle on both indexen and the are working very good but now i have a liitle more time a like to do something with stocks.  For the moment not daytrading but swing trading. The drive to trade stays in my blood it won t go away.  Now i am reading the book from Brian and it it a very good book (not yet finished).  What i always do is working with elliot wave counts and fib..  They are good given the direction of the market. 

If you have good informtion i can use tell and all listening.

Thanks

Peter form Belgium

Hi guys and sorry for the slow responses.  I have been swamped but getting back on my feet now.  On CL I bought the Dec 21 calls to give myself some time to get through this volatility.  I decided not to sell them when CL dipped down because I do see a path higher and did not want to get shaken out on the small panic sell off that happened.  I will sell them if they can not hold the 61 level.   As a side note, I do not play options very often.

Peter

Obviously, doing strangles can be an interesting strategy in trending volatile markets.  Working with indexes again will work as long as the overall market is trending or moving a lot.  Good to here this has been working for you.

Agree, I also use finviz or sometimes chartmill to do scans.  Online broker platforms also have scanning tools but the two I mentioned are very straight forward to use and versatile.

Hello,   I am inn on XLK at 68,00.  Target 70,00 or 75,00  sl 67,00.   Also did a bull put spread on the SPX with lots of volatility  sold put 2580 and bought the put 2560 off 7 of december.  Kicking in.

7 hours ago, phennes said:

Hello,   I am inn on XLK at 68,00.  Target 70,00 or 75,00  sl 67,00.   Also did a bull put spread on the SPX with lots of volatility  sold put 2580 and bought the put 2560 off 7 of december.  Kicking in.

Awesome, great trade, lets see what tomorrow does to the gains in the market today, NVDA could bring it down.... !

The long trade on XLK seems like it was a bit of a bet on NVDA earnings. See what happens tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for you.  I bought 100 shares of BABA, was going to add to my position but held off - just not quite convinced we are ready to break back higher.  Should be a volatile day again tomorrow (Friday).

10 hours ago, Brian Pez said:

The long trade on XLK seems like it was a bit of a bet on NVDA earnings. See what happens tomorrow.  Fingers crossed for you.  I bought 100 shares of BABA, was going to add to my position but held off - just not quite convinced we are ready to break back higher.  Should be a volatile day again tomorrow (Friday).

Good cll on BABA, China stocks a little volatile these days but this is a solid company for the slightly longer short-term

Yes i now but did a close stop loss losing max $25. I find this forum very this is for the first so quick replay. Thanks guys

• Like 1