Aaron B

Entering trade and taking profit within a min

I have been trading for a very long time and still find myself taking profits within seconds of entry

i cut losses quick but gains just as quick any advise will help

depends on how your entering trades. If your buying dips and pops then taking profits immediately would be the way to go. If you're getting into a long or short position at a level of known support then I would say your good to hold the position until you near resistance or the tape slows down if your comfortable trading level 2. I try my best to not enter until a position until I see a stock moving as any signs of momentum slowing down is a signal for me to get out but  if I do get in on a consolidation I'll get out of the position if quickly if I feel the stock is starting not to move how I thought it would. At the end of the day though no one ever went broke taking profits as they say! Maybe consider selling half and placing a break even stop loss on the remainder of the shares if the runner is running. 

Edited by Ija Watson