Abiel

Are you using DAS Risk Control Settings?

Are you using DAS Risk Control Settings?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using DAS Risk Control Settings?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but I will soon

Nope, not here, i want to stick to my rules, and not let the (program) do it for me.. 
Need to get those feelings in, and practice myself to do it. 

Just like take a losing trade, or get out of a trade, if it doesn't do the way i want. 
I will learn, to hit the (stop) / get me out of the trade bottom. 

I know, i need to stop when i hit 3 losses trades.
I know, i have a max stop loss for the day for 250 $
I know, i only can lose 83$ pr trade. 

If i can't handle that, and learn to risk it, by myself, i will not (overcome) myself to keep my controls, i think i will fell ( The program, will stop me out) (The program will, do the job for me) And if it does it for me, i will not get the psychology felling. 

What are you guys felling about it?
Please let me hear. 

Have a great day. 
MadsFromDenmark.

7 hours ago, MadsFromDenmark said:

Nope, not here, i want to stick to my rules, and not let the (program) do it for me.. 
Need to get those feelings in, and practice myself to do it. 

Just like take a losing trade, or get out of a trade, if it doesn't do the way i want. 
I will learn, to hit the (stop) / get me out of the trade bottom. 

I know, i need to stop when i hit 3 losses trades.
I know, i have a max stop loss for the day for 250 $
I know, i only can lose 83$ pr trade. 

If i can't handle that, and learn to risk it, by myself, i will not (overcome) myself to keep my controls, i think i will fell ( The program, will stop me out) (The program will, do the job for me) And if it does it for me, i will not get the psychology felling. 

What are you guys felling about it?
Please let me hear. 

Have a great day. 
MadsFromDenmark.

I was thinking like you, but lately I have seen traders losing big, hulk days or failure of internet connection, so I choose the safety net of DAS risk controls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abiel said:

I was thinking like you, but lately I have seen traders losing big, hulk days or failure of internet connection, so I choose the safety net of DAS risk controls.

That seems like a good idea, as various grades of computer failure are bad for the heart rate.  But if I use it I'll probably set it wider than my daily rules and just have it as a backstop.

• Like 1

One note on "Enable Auto Stop" as it might just stop you RIGHT AWAY on choppy stocks when you're close to the max loss level. Be careful with this setting.

16 hours ago, Abiel said:

that was a great example to do it!

I use it as a safety net for my internet connection failure as I trade off a Verizon Hotspot and not a wired connection. I have set it at a 2% loss of my total equity, which is higher than my max daily loss I set. This eliminates a worry for me that if the internet drops I won't be able to get out of a trade if it turns against me.