Ali

Learning outside of trading hours

Hi guys,

I've been in the sim for a couple months now but I feel like I'm struggling a little. I've read a couple books and I was wondering how do you guys learn more about day trading/practise your day trading when the market is closed? Books? Online videos? I feel like I'm not doing enough apart from trading in the sim and want to do more after hours.

Ali 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Ali, I am not an expert and still trying to learn myself, but some of my learning is just reviewing my trades, the good ones and the bad ones. Also, just reviewing charts of other people's trades. I will sometimes go back and listen to some of the trade recaps (we have some excellent recaps posted by other members) and then pull up the charts to see what they actually looked like when they were taken. Using something like Tradingview, I can go to a day in the past and play it back candle by candle. This helps me to see how the setup looked as it was forming and because I can advance one candle at a time, I can also see how I would have managed the trade after taking it. Hope that is helpful. It's all about constantly improving and learning. Good luck!

PJ

• Like 2

Check out market replay services such as www.tradingsim.com or ThinkorSwim (TD Ameritrade's platform). They let you trade historical data in real-time. This can expedite/condense your learning tremendously.

• Like 2