Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Abiel said:

Nice setup @onosendi

What stock price range do you use with this setup?

How has it worked for you so far?

Thanks man.

I'm trading the pre-market gappers. Pretty much anything with high volume and good price action.

I love it. It's so easy to manage risk - you always know what you're risking in every trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jramosent said:

Is still working good? Any updates

I use it every day - I couldn't imagine trading without it. You hear people say "it's hard to manage your risk with the more expensive stocks". With this method, it's not hard at all, since it's all already planned out for you on the keyboard.

Only thing I've changed is, on A+ setups I'll take a bigger size. So if my stop loss is .30 away, I'll hit the .15 key, doubling my normal position.

Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, onosendi said:

I use it every day - I couldn't imagine trading without it. You hear people say "it's hard to manage your risk with the more expensive stocks". With this method, it's not hard at all, since it's all already planned out for you on the keyboard.

Only thing I've changed is, on A+ setups I'll take a bigger size. So if my stop loss is .30 away, I'll hit the .15 key, doubling my normal position.

Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns.

This has noting to do with buying power correct? Just risk? 

Would you be willing to do a video and explain it through that? I get the concept but a video would greatly help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you be able to press these keys also, long+q to go long at certain amount of shares without having to use the send order ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jramosent said:

Would you be able to press these keys also, long+q to go long at certain amount of shares without having to use the send order ?

Start at the beginning of this thread, and read all of the replies. It will answer your last two questions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When this calculation gives you the amount of shares to take, how can you adjust accordingly depending on Equity? Say a stock price is $84 and per risk you can take 200 shares, this means you are currently using $16,800. If you have an account with less than this amount and no margin, then share size would be invalid? What would be your suggestions here?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jramosent said:

When this calculation gives you the amount of shares to take, how can you adjust accordingly depending on Equity? Say a stock price is $84 and per risk you can take 200 shares, this means you are currently using $16,800. If you have an account with less than this amount and no margin, then share size would be invalid? What would be your suggestions here?

Thank you

In your circumstance, the only thing to do would be to lower your position size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2019 at 11:29 PM, Jramosent said:

When this calculation gives you the amount of shares to take, how can you adjust accordingly depending on Equity? Say a stock price is $84 and per risk you can take 200 shares, this means you are currently using $16,800. If you have an account with less than this amount and no margin, then share size would be invalid? What would be your suggestions here?

Thank you

I took Onosendi's table and added in formulas to base the share size on account size and dollar risk per trade. You just have to update the yellow and orange fields once you download the file to excel and it will give you how many shares to take. It's based on a table so it doesn't have every single stop loss amount. I recommend using Kyle K's hotkey for entering positions based on your dollar risk.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fn8E2fX-2NXLpZZaeK8M_qxEepPqzdGf/view?usp=sharing

Position Size.jpg.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JD said:

I took Onosendi's table and added in formulas to base the share size on account size and dollar risk per trade. You just have to update the yellow and orange fields once you download the file to excel and it will give you how many shares to take. It's based on a table so it doesn't have every single stop loss amount. I recommend using Kyle K's hotkey for entering positions based on your dollar risk.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fn8E2fX-2NXLpZZaeK8M_qxEepPqzdGf/view?usp=sharing

Position Size.jpg.JPG

That's a lot of information to enter before each trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.