nicka02

Closing Range Breakout

I know Andrew goes over his strategy of an Opening Range Breakout, ORB, but this strategy only applies to early morning. I live in Hawaii Standard Time Zone where 9:30 NY time is 3:30 AM here, very early, so sometimes it is hard to wake up and instead I've been practicing trading the last hour of the market in simulator with some success. Just today I was watching the candle previous of the very last candle on a 5 minute chart of some stocks and noticed there might be a pattern for a 5 minute Closing Range Breakout. I'm excited to test this out more as I love trading the normal strategy of ORB. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of Closing Range Breakout? Thank You

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 11:05 PM, nicka02 said:

I know Andrew goes over his strategy of an Opening Range Breakout, ORB, but this strategy only applies to early morning. I live in Hawaii Standard Time Zone where 9:30 NY time is 3:30 AM here, very early, so sometimes it is hard to wake up and instead I've been practicing trading the last hour of the market in simulator with some success. Just today I was watching the candle previous of the very last candle on a 5 minute chart of some stocks and noticed there might be a pattern for a 5 minute Closing Range Breakout. I'm excited to test this out more as I love trading the normal strategy of ORB. Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of Closing Range Breakout? Thank You

Wow that's interesting :DD I haven't paid attention to that at all! I'll  give it a try

• Like 1

I noticed it works well in a stock with a steady trend. If it is a stock that has been choppy in the last half hour or so it doesn't seem to follow a closing range breakout most of the time.

• Like 1

Very interesting. I do not trade the close, but would love to see this possible strategy. Post some screenshots when you catch it. 

Here are some screenshots I'm going to attach below. Some are of some major Stocks like MU, FB, AAPL; and the others are stocks that Andrew traded today, 7/5/18. Only MU and FB I made trades on as I'm still watching this strategy and trying to figure it out. I wanted to test it out a bit though but exited early due to not wanting to lose any money. I'm not sure yet on how to predict where the candle will reach its peak or be able to predict a proper risk to reward. In the screenshots I did include the risk to reward of the candles just for reference anyways. I just usually take my profit when I start to see the candle hang up and time and sales slow down. Maybe I am not seeing a proper level from before where the candle might reach its peak. 

aapl crb.jpg

mu crb.jpg

fb crb.jpg

This PBR chart looks a bit sloppy with long wicks and tails, not sure I would trade that live, but maybe through all of us working on this strategy we can see if its a good thing, bad, or doesnt matter. 

anw crb.jpg

cree crb.jpg

dfbg crb.jpg

pbr crb.jpg

• Like 1