apperformance

Das vs IBKR P&L doesn’t match?

Anyone have this issue? I don’t keep position after hours and the daily p&l on IBKR is lower, on top of the fact das is showing way more commission fees than my IBKR actual (2 separate issues)

any help would be appreciated 

Posted (edited)

if your account is in different currency then the conversion rate against USD applies.

you can convert your account to USD to be the same

for commissions it is actually a default setting of DAS - they guess the commissions by default with some value - you contact das support to change your commission pricing per share as you like to have more precise results but it will never be 100%

beware of other dastrader nasty "features"https://traderpeter.substack.com/p/trading-platform-choice

Edited by peterB

Thanks Pete, that wasn’t my issue but figured it was the calc of fees. great Substack by the way!  I was actually hoping you can help me with a hot key I’ll send you a message. I  was trying to setup a a buy static # of share and set a stop loss at $x below the break even price, wanted to use this for breakouts as it would lower the risk per trade to less than a defined % and if I am wrong I can immediately stop out. Would use this on the first break out candle, but can’t seem to script it right. Also I was reading your Substack, what is the use case for the “reverse” position? Like you are wrong on a long and it auto flips to a short?

I was thinking about a script to stop out and auto flip your position but I wonder how to differentiate between stop outs after partialing vs stop outs w/o partialing. Not sure if that is possible. Also thought it over and it's probably best practice to simply stop out and manually re-enter the trade, sounds boring I know but probably the smarter method.

flip is just a double position stop but sometimes you may be not filled because of margin requirements so be aware of that

• Like 1