Trader_Jack

Adapting kyle's fixed risk hotkeys for Futures in DAS Trader

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone (or Kyle) knows how Kyle's fixed risk hotkeys for stocks/ETFs on DAS Trader could be adapted to trade futures. The futures i'm interested in trading are the micro E-mini S&P futures which have a 'ticker' constructed by # symbol followed by M (for mini), ES (code for S and P futures) followed by a letter for the expiration month (currently it is M) followed by a number for the year (currently it is 2 for 2022) = #MESM2

For NASDAQ futures, it is the same process but with NQ instead of ES = #MNQM2 

The fixed risk hotkey that i'm interested in adapting is the simple one where you double click on the chart where you want your stop and then when you press the hotkey it calculates your share size. I don't think interactive brokers allows you to purchase or short fractional futures so the hotkey would have to round up/down to the nearest whole number 

The hotkeys I use are the following: 

Long:

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare='insert fixed risk value in $'/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

Short: 

StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare='insert fixed risk value in $'/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

If someone could help in doing this I would be extremely thankful (as a european/UK resident I cannot trade SPY/QQQ ETFs so SP futures are the best alternative for an extremely similar day trading experience/chart and I seem to have became profitable in simulator trading these market ETFs but not trading stocks which I find harder)

Thank you, 

Jack L 

• Like 1

Hey Jack! I saw this post and I am interested in learning the same thing. Were you able to figure this out by any chane? Id love to chat sometime about this