noodle

Hidden market orders IB

Hi All,

Ive been lurking some time on this forum setting up my DAS after getting fed up with TWS. A question on order routing with DAS + IB. I trade moderate size and in TWS always use hidden/ icerberg Market orders. In DAS if entering manually I believe the "Display" box is where you can choose to show x no. shares at  a time? But I have no idea how to incorporate this into the dynamic position sizing hotkeys? 

Is this possible? I believe with IB a default market order should be routed as MARKET or SMRTM? I dont really like to use limit orders as I primarily swing trade and just want to get into the position not run the risk of not being filled due to a few cents, I suppose I could use a limit buy with a large range of +0.5% or so.

- Also, does anyone know what code to put in hotkey to limit position size to max$ amount? I know the dynamic hotkey has max% at risk but i also want to limit the overall max position size.

Many thanks for any advice!

Edited by noodle

Thanks, ah okay that makes sense about IB and DAS being completely sperate, so IB are not executing the orders at all. 

Yep I think that's probably the way to do it that I can understand, use the $ at risk position sizing code and put my buying buyer to say 50% of my account value so if the buy used all my BP then it would be a 50% position size.  Thanks!