Shane

Is that a short squeeze I see on the horizon?

I was wondering if anyone had any statistics/knowledge on determining when a short squeeze might be coming up?  I find myself thinking about this more often at the end of the day but I'm sure any information would be useful at anytime.

Many times within the last hour I want to take a trade but the potential for a short squeeze/cover on a stock that dropped significantly or even a sell off on a stock that gained makes me hesitate.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to determine when these two actions are more likely?  Maybe some details on float, gain/loss, percentage short(for stocks that are down), and/or volatility?

Thanks in advance and look forward to you comments!

I honestly believe you can't figure them out)), You'll need access to information retails traders aren't allowed to view, for example, how many shares were shorted today? It'll be great if we knew that, wouldn't it? xD I believe I read somewhere before that we can get that data but it's way too expensive, more expensive than its worth))

On 5/2/2018 at 7:31 AM, Shane said:

I was wondering if anyone had any statistics/knowledge on determining when a short squeeze might be coming up?  I find myself thinking about this more often at the end of the day but I'm sure any information would be useful at anytime.

Many times within the last hour I want to take a trade but the potential for a short squeeze/cover on a stock that dropped significantly or even a sell off on a stock that gained makes me hesitate.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to determine when these two actions are more likely?  Maybe some details on float, gain/loss, percentage short(for stocks that are down), and/or volatility?

Thanks in advance and look forward to you comments!

Here is a little bit of info: https://investorplace.com/2012/05/3-signs-of-a-potential-short-squeeze/

On 5/2/2018 at 10:31 AM, Shane said:

I find myself thinking about this more often at the end of the day but I'm sure any information would be useful at anytime.

I know exactly what you mean, a few times when I log on to see the last hour action it seems like shorts want to cover to not hold overnight and the stock tends to squeeze up. 

My opinion is that just like the open of the market were we are finding strategies that work well at the end of the market there has to be some strategies that also work well with a good risk to reward based on technical signs. As for as knowing for sure is going to squeeze impossible as nothing in the market is for sure.

Carlos