noob

Mark Douglas's 20 Trade Exercise.

Was sick all last week, not sure if it was Covid, but sucked. I have traded few days, and will post the links to the twitter post of the days I traded. I changed my max risk per day from 2.5R to 1.5R The reason for this change is to limit my daily loss. This forces me to use wider stops, which in turns, smaller positions, but this allows me to take advantage of momentum, when i am trading well, and stop when I am not.  Minimizing my loss, I do believe will see a bigger max profit at the end of the month and year.

==========

Friday 3/18 trade -2.5R

====================

Friday 3/25 trade +2.5R Green

===================

Monday 3/28 Trade. Reduced max loss today to 1.5R. Less then -1R loss red today. 

===============

Wed 3/30 2.5R Green today. Nice trade on $amd, short and long.

========

Today 3/31 Thursday trade.

Tough day of trading. try to play on an extended momentum, never do well on those. Should have waited to play a rev, once it was extended. Timing and feel for the read was off today. Managed to keep the loss close to -1.5R, went close to 2R Red. Battled all day was red, 1R, brought to even, and then lost it back. Overall not bad, kept to my risk control and that's the key.

Not bad risk management and trade management. 

Today had one of the bigger gains, but broke the rule in few places, could have been disastrous, but the price action worked in my favor. smh. Still have so much to work on, and risk control today was D-. Need to get this to B+ or better. Managed to get 7.5R, but could have been bad. Had a R, then 2.5R then gambled and could have lost 5R net. smh. scary moment. Then just got super aggressive, which worked out on the last trade, but these are the things that can tank your bottom line, essentially the big losses. Need to focus on keeping the losses small. Risk control.

my Monday trade.

My Tuesday trade. Both days green, but issues with maintaining risk control. This is not good.

Played $twitter beautifully today

Just killed it. got the s2 bounce, and played it all the way to previous day high. link to the trade below.  

5R, and some partials remain.

Busy at work, didn't trade till the afternoon. lost small on $AMD for 1/4R. Took long on $plug, s/o for 1R. Down about $250 for the day, close to my max loss. Took a long again on $plug, it moved in favor, add on, partials and close near the $28.3, major resistance. See the pre-mkt high. managed to move to 2R for the day. Happy about the risk management. Thus far pretty good.

Today was a wild day with the $nflx dropping 20% premarket. Decided to play the contrarian to the sell off, and it paid off. had to wait for some vol/price confirmation on the L2. We saw the support come in near the $220 level, and decided to scalp 3 long and 2 short plays, all green. Yay. The only thing I didn't like the additional add on and the risk. But once in the trade, risk management was about B. After the first partial, did place a stop b/e, and that was great. But did remove the stop mid way, after being up 2 R, and toward the last trade, could had a red day, but the price moved in my favor. Just not to the vwap or the $230 level, but will take it.

• I realized I was off due to lack of sleep and tired. Reminded myself to be careful with risk control. Reduced the init short by ¼ R. excellent way to reduce exposure and risk. Never had any moments of big loss. Stops were in check, and max loss. Managed to get right on 2nd short, and continued with the partials and add on. Really solid. Even more, after the big volume spike and 2 dollar pop near 12:06, which took 1R unrealized to finish my day 1/2R, I stopped trading. Realized I was not on, and was mindful that I was on tilt. No Revenge trade today. Live to trade another day.

image.png.84c611741a6342e1f67006d59a019bd4.png

image.thumb.png.3c58c83cab9714bdf5d70e4fa69b9bd9.png

image.png

• I realized I was off due to lack of sleep and tired. Reminded myself to be careful with risk control. Reduced the init short by ¼ R. excellent way to reduce exposure and risk. Never had any moments of big loss. Stops were in check, and max loss. Managed to get right on 2nd short, and continued with the partials and add on. Really solid. Even more, after the big volume spike and 2 dollar pop near 12:06, which took 1R unrealized to finish my day 1/2R, I stopped trading. Realized I was not on, and was mindful that I was on tilt. No Revenge trade today. Live to trade another day.

image.png.84c611741a6342e1f67006d59a019bd4.png

image.thumb.png.3c58c83cab9714bdf5d70e4fa69b9bd9.png

Today was good start to another week in April. Went to the. gym, got home 10. Saw the market was choppy, saw a nice opp setting up on $AMD, too it long, and got over 1R. One and done. 

Today started little rough, going back and forth with Twtr, managed my risk really well, and trade management was superb. My entries were not the best, but kept grinding away on $TWTR, until I saw a nice opp near 10:33, on book map. L2 shows bids stacking below $50.5, major liquidation level today. Ladder formed to $50.25. Placed two R shorts with tight stops and a limit order cover $50.25, made  6.5R in 2 minutes, and total of $1531. Nice day of trading. Let's go.

image.thumb.png.4c7772980815a8339c8e635c85409a2e.png

Just a donkey trades. didn't adhere to my risk control, my strat,. Good thing happening today, didn't take revenge trade and realized I'm not on my best game, and live to trade another day. No Revenge trading. Good self discipline. Almost removed the risk control and wanted to trade more, but nope. This shows real growth, and proud of that.