LucioV

Fixed Risk Hotkey not setting Stop Loss

Hello everyone,

I recently switched to DAS, and seem to be struggling setting the fixed risk Hotkeys/Buttons that Thor mentions in one of his webinars. I typed the following script to "Buy $25" (buy shares according to a $25 risk), but I realized it only enters the entry order but no stop loss. Did I do something wrong? Or is it only supposed to enter the position but not set an actual stop loss? And is there a place/resource where I can copy and paste the exact scripts/files?

Here is the script: StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Price-Bid+0.01;SShare=25/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;Route=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

I also noticed some minor discrepancies amongst the scripts in the "Equalized Risk Per Trade Hotkey" video and the "How To Set Up and Use Fixed Risk Hotkeys -Thor" video. 

Hi,

The script you posted is for $25 fixed risk short order.  You can try the following script to Buy $25 fixed risk (It will open a long position with stop loss)

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=25/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price= Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+

To be safe try always in SIM first.  SMRTL is only applicable if your broker is IBKR.

Edited by zulkafil

thank you, Youre right I did make that mistake of accidentally copying my short script. This is my current Buy Script and I still dont get the Stop Loss:

StopPrice=Price-0.01;DefShare=BP*0.97;Price=Ask-Price+0.01;SShare=25/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;Route=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=400;TriggerOrder=RT:STOPSTOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.1 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:PosTIF:DAY+;

Which I cant seem to find any differences with yours so it  makes me believe I might be doing something else wrong, or maybe I have a minor error in my script

I can't find any error in the script either. The script is working perfectly for me.

When market is closed, I am unable to check if the issue is related to setting or not. The only issue I can say, you can double check in the configuration window setting if you enabled "double click to trade" or not.

Best of luck.

Thank you guys for responding! I finally figured out what my mistake was, I wasn't changing the 'style' on the montage to "Stop Order". For future reference if it may help anyone, this is the BBT video that helped me clear that up: 

Edited by LucioV
  • Like 1