troyn1080

Camarilla R3/S3 strategy question

Hello everyone. I've been trading for about 6 months now, mostly ABCD's, but have recently been learning the Camarilla strategy. After reading about VPA, and currently reading pivot boss, I started practicing in Sim.

I know that R3, and S3 are important levels. But for anyone who trades this strategy, do you find more success when playing them as reversals, (Stock drops down to S3, and playing the bounce for a reversal long),  rather than breakouts? (Stock is below S3, moves up and breaks through, playing a continuation long). I have had mixed success with playing them as breakouts. When trading AMC today, got a good move when the stock bounced off S4, and than broke through S3 and ended up climbing to R2. But later in the day had 2 failed trades when trying to play the same move through S3 after it fell. 

I am still building my tradebook for this strategy, and would love to know if anyone has had more success playing reversals over breakthroughs, or if they are both pretty successful.

Thanks!

Edited by troyn1080