Max.Moyn

Order Rejected: YOUR EQUITY WITH LOAN VALUE MUST EXCEED THE INITIAL MARGIN

Recently I have been receiving lots of these rejections. This is the exact error message from today and it cost me a lot in lost profit:

Send_Rej Buy 6927 CLOV 16.84 --SMRT--09:30:25--YOUR ORDER IS NOT ACCEPTED. IN ORDER TO OBTAIN THE DESIRED POSITION YOUR EQUITY WITH LOAN VALUE [30655.29 USD] MUST EXCEED THE INITIAL MARGIN [67930.77 USD]

I can't understand what the issue is. Can someone please explain? 

BTW, this is the hotkey I used which works fine in simulation:

ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.1;Price=Round2;Share=BP*0.95;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

Thanks

Today I have the same problem with CLOV, I send a sell order but receive this:

YOUR ORDER IS NOT ACCEPTED. IN ORDER TO OBTAIN TH,,E DESIRED POSITION YOUR EQUITY WITH LOAN VALUE [27603.89 USD] MUST EXCEED THE INITIAL MARGIN [33246.96 USD]

with this issue I have lost 4,4k today.

Now my DAS position is long 1121 CLOV,  but in IB portfolio I'm flat 

Can someone help me?

Thank you

For high volatlity stocks the brokers increase margin requirements on that particular stocks.  

In the interest of ensuring the continued safety of its clients, the broker may modify certain margin policies to adjust for unprecedented volatility in financial markets. The changes will promote reduction of leverage in client portfolios and help ensure that clients' accounts are appropriately capitalized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Abiel said:

For high volatlity stocks the brokers increase margin requirements on that particular stocks.  

Thanks Abiel,

Where can I quickly check the Margin Requirements of an stock in DOS? I guess I should have specific hotkeys for high volatile stocks.