JimBro

What is your network failure risk mitigation?

Hi Everyone,

I have had two internet outages in the last week.  Fortunately, I was not in a trade at the time.  

I am using my iPhone 11 hotspot feature to connect to my MacBook Pro to get back online.  However, I have to spend several minutes to find the SSID for the phone and connect to it.

1. Do you know of a way to get the network connection to automatically switch to the hotspot when the wireless network has lost internet connection?

2. Did you experience the iPhone SSID not showing up in the available networks list (hotspot is always active on the phone) and have to search for it every time?  How did you fix this?

3. Are there alternative ways to achieve an automatic and fast switch to a hotspot or other type of 5G based connection?

My hardware is a MacBook Pro (2019) running Windows 10 pro on Bootcamp.  My hotspot is an iPhone 11.  Carrier is AT&T. 

Thanks for your help and advice.