csjelin703

9ema 20ema cross over strategy

Does anyone use this strategy? is so please explain in detail what you guys think about it and any information that will or could help build my strategy that i am basing on the 9 20 cross over

From my understanding, it's used for momentum and more for scalping. Whenever the crossover happens, it can signal that the price/trend is headed in that direction, though it's not guaranteed. I like to use it into the 50 MA, as some explosive moves can happen there. More specifically, if it happens just below or right at the 50, you can scalp anywhere from .1-$1 (depends on the cap of the stock) as it breaks through the 50, with even more profit potential if it takes place between 10-1 ET (when a retest of the 50 is possible if it hasn't done so since the open, and the trend goes in the direction of the 50). I would suggest going back and looking at different stocks and studying charts if you're going to do this. I have also found that this works with ascending/descending triangles when happening at the 50. Also remember that these indicators are lagging, so price action is much more important to watch, especially if price closes above the two before the actual indicators crossover (better entry with price action compared to when it shows it happens).

Thank you good sir! i am noticing that if the price action holds above the 9 it is a good entry point, where as the cross over happens later on in the chart. so i am thinking of keeping it without the cross over or using the cross as needed for more confirmation.