scotthensley01

Best way to journal in SIM

Hey Everyone,

I have never posted in a forum before so ill be brief. I have CMEG and am trading in SIM.I have free accts. w/ tradervue and chartlog but have had to go through lots of work to enter each trade manually in both setups. Have been unable to do any of the imports without having to change it in excel, then try to import it and I can only automatically download my live acct. Does anyone have a good system or resource to be able to semi-easily get your trades entered into a system and be able to pull statistical data? I have a strategy that I am successful with as far as win rate goes but I would like to see how to critique more and also get data from other strategies that I am still trying. Right now I am only recording and watching later while taking notes on what I visually see. If you have any suggestions then thank you in advance.

Hi Scott,

First of all I don't have any of the two online journals but from watching others trade online I can tell you that right clicking the P&L window in DAS gives you the option to export the data and then you can go into tradervue and import the file exported. Although there are a couple of steps there, its much better than manually entering everything.

I wish I could validate the information I'm giving you but I'm to early in the process and haven't opened DAS yet.

Wish you the best

I just copy-paste from DAS to Excel and from Excel to Tradervue. I takes 10 seconds.

1. In DAS I have the "Trades" window with Time; Symb; Side; Price; Qty

2. I click on Time for chronologic order (but I think it's not necessary).

3. I mark all trades and CTRL-C

4. I have an Excel spreadsheet with Date; Time; Symbol; Side; Price; Quantity

Date is automatically updated. I paste the data from DAS in first Time cell.

5. I mark everything in Excel CTRL-C

6. I paste it in Tradervue "Option 2: paste data into browser" window. 

Done.

It takes 10 seconds. This is for simulated trades only and does not include commissions. For real trades Tradervue can import directly from DAS account incl. commissions. 

Edited by Konrad

I currently import my trades with this method without using excel.

Step 1:

In DAS go to

Trade > Trade Log

image.png.5b0b8a62c8ceb6b16c409dc7607bc192.png

Step 2:

Right click inside the "Trade Log" window and click "Export".

image.png.ad91942ef4503275dd6bd05dabefb6f6.png

Step 3:

Save the .csv file as a recognizable name like "Trades" in a familiar location like "Desktop".

image.png.fb06743a93a86536fb4f16d666ab5c9a.png

Step 4:

Go to TraderVue's website and on the "Dashboard", click "Import Trades".

image.png.ccfd05812c7c74b238008adeb865546a.png

Step 5:

Go down to "Manual import options:" and click on the empty box directly below "Trade Date for this import:". 

Click on the date the trades you are importing were performed.

image.thumb.png.46e9abd16a0e39eac17f61704d703ca4.png

Step 5:

Under "Option 2: import from a file:" click on "Choose File", and select the previously saved .csv file.

image.png.d366de8f68c36cc40dd57d4c513f312d.png

Step 6:

Click "Upload".

image.png.f450b5c6056100def0bcc38ce60c25a4.png

Hopefully I've answered your question fully.

Good luck trading,

Bailey Nevener

Edited by Bailey Nevener