Jump to content

We have moved to Discord. Please click here to join us in the Trading Terminal Discord server.



These forums are read-only.

Paul G

AAPL Bottom Bounce

Recommended Posts

Paul G

I have the AAPL chart open throughout trading day and I think I found a tradable strategy.  I'm calling it the AAPL Bottom Bounce and it seems to happen a few times a day.  I was going to call it the AAPL Double Bottom Bounce because that's more accurate but it seems like it's too many words.

It's very simple (all on 1-min chart):

  • 3 red candles in a row, each with increasing volume (increasing-ish as seen in the below example)
  • 1 green candle - wick within $0.01 of previous wick
  • Buy as soon as the next candle turns green (candle does not need to be complete)
  • Sell at the first red (candle does not need to be complete)

Does anybody know of a way to test this strategy on a larger scale?  I've been scrolling through the 1-minute charts on DAS replay and it's a very slow process.

I found a few occurrences in the days that I checked and most have returned 2-3R and a few have returned 0R or a fraction of R.  A few are a loss of a small fraction of R.

Thanks!

DasTrader_iHQK0gwq8R.png

DasTrader_Rd07W0h3hU.png

DasTrader_H4su9iNFVg.png

2021-04-05_1505 0.33r.png

2021-04-01_1442 0.png

2021-04-01_1330 0.png

Edited by Paul G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ettubrutus

Interesting strategy.  It would have worked twice today (around 12 pm and 12:25 pm) so far with AAPL, with two caveats

1) There was a $0.02 wick difference with the first occurrence

2) Both occurrences got to at least 2:1, but that's holding through red candles (i.e. not exiting at first sign of red candle)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ettubrutus

Worked again today, for 2:1 at 10:20 a.m.  You may be on to something

Edit: just got to 3:1

Edited by ettubrutus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paul G
7 minutes ago, ettubrutus said:

Worked again today, for 2:1 at 10:20 a.m.  You may be on to something

Edit: just got to 3:1

Yeah I just missed it!  Aargh

Thanks for checking it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ettubrutus
26 minutes ago, Paul G said:

Yeah I just missed it!  Aargh

Thanks for checking it out.

 I missed it too, looked away from my screen for two minutes. So frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Template core/front/global/mobileNavigation is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.