bearbulluser21

DAS Trader Pro vs. IBKR Lite

I'm new here and hoping to understand the benefits of DAS Trader Pro for day trading with an IBKR account. From what I've gathered, DAS Trader Pro offers additional (or at the very least, more intuitive) order entry types and potentially faster market data feeds (varies due to a number of factors). Are there other benefits that justify the platform fee and the required step-up from IBKR Lite to Pro (i.e. zero commissions to minimum $0.35/trade)? 

Thanks peterB. Can you expand upon the automatic stop loss or automatic size counting? I'm trying to understand if DAS enables advanced functionality or merely provides an improved GUI

For what it's worth, IBKR Lite now includes fully-featured TWS, so the only major difference between the two offerings with regard to day trading appears to be access to the API for use with DAS and other tools

18 hours ago, bearbulluser21 said:

Thanks peterB. Can you expand upon the automatic stop loss or automatic size counting? I'm trying to understand if DAS enables advanced functionality or merely provides an improved GUI

For what it's worth, IBKR Lite now includes fully-featured TWS, so the only major difference between the two offerings with regard to day trading appears to be access to the API for use with DAS and other tools

Read about DAS Trader Pro risk control features here

For me some advantages of DAS Trader Pro over TWS are: 

• Risk controls
  • Equalized risk per tarde hotkeys
  • Stock´s RVOL 
  • Automatic levels (Y/YY high low, premarket high / low, opeing price, high / low of the day, etc.)
  • Very gentle on computer resources

Hi,

I'm trading with TWS (IBKR PRO) and i'm thinking to switch to DAS PRO.

Still a couple of doubts remain, related to market data and fee/order. Really appreciate if someone could help.

1 - Das Pro come with live market data and level 2 subscriptions? (all i need for day trading). If so, can i cancel all the subscriptions i have on IBKR? (so i don't pay twice)

2 - When i trade with DAS, will i continue to pay the fee per order from IBKR? Or DAS have other comissions?