troyn1080

selling and shorting stocks question.

I am new to DAS trader, and have been trying to figure out how it works, i am running into a problem. I am currently using DAS pro on the 14 day free trial

When I try to short a stock, I can't get it to fill. I enter the stock symbol, number of shares, and price into level 2 montage and click short, and this picture below shows up in the order confirmation.

05cdc8a94807a2d0566403f4b3232213.png

But it sits there until I manually cancel it, and never fills. My trades and positions tab never shows it, and I don't have a red arrow on the chart signaling a short. If I try to short the stock using this hotkey script  StopPrice=Price+0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Price-Bid+0.00;SShare=20/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Bid-0.05;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send;DefShare=200;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice+0.05 ACT:BUY STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;  

an error pops up that says price invalid, and wont let me short that way either.

I had a similar problem come up when I tried to sell stock I had previously bought long. Either manually, or with the default hotkey, it shows up in the order confirmation, but wont fill and actually sell the shares I own. The only way i've found to sell shares of stock I previously bought is to use the sell all current positions hot key.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? not being able to sell or short anything is a big problem.

Edited by troyn1080