Dylan irish

VWAP question on configuration

I am sorry to start a new topic on this however I have been looking for an hour on the forums and can't find an answer. I was on Chartlog and realized that none of the charts in chartlog have VWAP in the same position as my real time das trader charts. I went into my settings and I realized that I have " Calculate VWAP for Pre/Post Market hours" checked ( Picture below). When unchecking this option the VWAP location changes by almost an entire dollar on my PTON trade from yesterday. My question is, is this suppose to be checked for trading? Does anyone know how the moderators configure their VWAP? A change in a dollar is a very large amount and it completely changed how I viewed my trades. In Chartlog I kept looking at trades and thinking why on earth would I take this trade, then in my Das trader screenshot it made more sense as VWAP was in an entirely different location. Does anyone know what Andrews configuration is?

das vwap.PNG

18 hours ago, Gail Scott said:

This is a good question Dylan, did your ever get a response, maybe in another setting??

Unfortunately no, I also asked in the chatroom twice with no response so I just gave up. On volatile stocks it makes a massive difference for the first 20 minutes.

I think Andrew and other moderators do have that option checked (including pre/post market hours for VWAP) in their study configurations. If you attend their premarket discussion, you will see the blue lines (VWAP) on their charts and very often they discuss whether the prices are above or below the VWAP during the premarket hours. If premarket hours was not included in VWAP calculation, you would not see the VWAP lines before 9:30am.