Guillaume

Hot Buttons stopped to work DAS

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem with my HOT BUTTONS in DAS, I have sent an email to DAS but their reply didn't work so maybe one of you will have the answer.

Until now, I used hot buttons to trade with DAS.  

On the attached picture, you can see my Montage on the left (the hot buttons from the montage works perfectly) and my Hot Buttons windows on the right (this hot buttons work ONLY in demo).

I want to trade with the right windows to trade on the live account.

Here are informations : 

- On the Montage, you can see my LIVE account is well selected.

- On Setup / Order templates, I left the account empty (also tried to put the live account but with no success)

- I well link Montage with Hot Buttons window.

- Until today, all was working perfectly.

- Buttons have all the same model : "  ROUTE=SMRTL; Share=25; Price=Ask+0.10;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send; "

Here is the answer from DAS but with no succes :

" try to change the default account to your live account, go to Setup -> Order Templates window, and setting a default account for each exchange in the dropdown there, hitting Apply each time, or click "Apply this setting to all exchanges" to use the same default for all the exchanges. You can also right click the Montage->TMP button, where allows you to set up the local default template for this specific Montage window.(Hint, for the local one, remember to uncheck the "user global default" locate on the bottom left) "

Thank you for your help !  👍

Guillaume

hot buttons2.jpg

Edited by Guillaume

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it's because you have two montage's there. The one on the right will have it's own trade and account routing.

If you right click on the top bar > config > move "Trade" from the left to right. You'll be able to change what account that montage window uses.

• Thanks 1

Hmm, If I move "Trade" from left to right, it's not exactelly what I need because a new "trade window" will appear in my "Hot Button Window"

I made many tests and now I can use my Hot Button in LIVE that's great ....  BUT .... now I can't do demo even if I select my demo account TRIBT....

I think that I have to change something in Setup / Order Templates.

For now, the configuration of my Order Templates is like the picture.

Any idea ? 

Thank you 👍

order-t.jpg

1 hour ago, Guillaume said:

Hmm, If I move "Trade" from left to right, it's not exactelly what I need because a new "trade window" will appear in my "Hot Button Window"

I think that's my point. Your "Hot Button Window" is still a montage. I believe you will need to add the "Trade" section (you can remove it after) to change that montage's (with your hot buttons) to target the right account. You can then save it so it stays on the right account by right clicking in the Trade area and selecting "Order Template" and changing the default account there.

But just one thing to note is that I don't believe (even though you've anchored the windows) that if you change the targeted account on your main montage, it will not change it on your "Hot Button" montage. You'd have to open up the Trade section again to change it.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Justin said:

I think that's my point. Your "Hot Button Window" is still a montage. I believe you will need to add the "Trade" section (you can remove it after) to change that montage's (with your hot buttons) to target the right account. 

If I add "Trade" on the right to my "Hot Buttons Window" it works, but it works nicely (and it's still better than before!)

13 hours ago, Justin said:

But just one thing to note is that I don't believe (even though you've anchored the windows) that if you change the targeted account on your main montage, it will not change it on your "Hot Button" montage. You'd have to open up the Trade section again to change it.

Yes, right. This is the reason I will leave the "Trade" on the right to my "Hot Buttons Window".

I still don't understand why it worked before (with no "Trade" to my "How Buttons Window" but anyway, it works like that so... it is ok !

Thank you very much for your help, you saved me one more time.. 🤩🤩🤩