Brendon

Why doesn't beloved IB provide a daily margin restriction list?

Hi Traders, BiG B here.

I am new to IB and apparently they restrict margin on a select number of stocks everyday depending on a variety of parameters, but I guess it's really due to volatility over a time period. Example ROKU has been bonkers the past 6 months and my order was rejected today. SureTrader pumps out a margin ticker list I think, CMEG may as well, in their platforms (DAS) but TWS with IB does not. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

So if you are using Kyle's auto share size hotkey be aware your order could be rejected if your position is too large compared to you buying power. If you're trading with a smaller account like me taking large sizes even with minimal risk of $50-$100 per trade. 

Another reason to have a large enough account where you do not need margin...better save up small account traders!!! I am and probably will lower my risk per trade to $50, been using $100, to avoid order rejections. 

Edited by Brendon