kroniclesking

Anyone with experience with Alliance Trader?

This broker seems comparable option to CMEG for traders with an account of less than 25k.  

In terms of commission, Alliance offers .0035 per share commission, which seems comparable to CMEG's 2.99 per ticket price if you are purchasing ~800 shares; however, CMEG seems to have advantage if you are purchasing more than 1k shares in a single trade.

I'm wondering what are some general thoughts, opinions, and experience anyone has with this particular broker

Happy trading 

Edited by Bryan K

Hi Bryan

I got an email from Alliance that my account is approved and good to be funded. I now have active accounts with both CMEG and Alliance.

Not sure though where to put my money in. Waiting for CMEG to get us the new fees structure and will then decide whether to go for CMEG or Alliance.

If we look at the website and the email response from both CMEG and Alliance, CMEG looks a bit more professional to me. 

Question:  Can we apply to Alliance online, save form as PDF and then send via email? Or do we have to print and fill out and then email?  The reason I ask is because when I looked at the form it asked to sign it!  Thanks!

I am not sure...........I personally closed my acct with them more than 12 mths ago for other customer service reasons.  I had posted about that in this forum.

If my memory serves me correct from my days in banking i.e. 20+ yrs ago, you cannot have a banking license in Jamaica with a criminal record.   So, if convicted the owners/operators will have to sell the institution (i.e. the customer base) or close it down.   Being the financial "wizards" that they are I am sure they going to try to make as much money off the customers base......and possible some local or oversea financial institution will buy, to make a dollar.   

Not sure which direction new shares holders will take the institution.

Andrew has/had an account with them, I think.

Edited by Alastair

Ok here are the updates.............................

As stated I saw this coming and it could be good news for BBT clients if the buyers keep the service.  Sagicor is a great financial institution. across the Caribbean.  Now I am not sure they will keep the services which BBT members use...............this still needs to be seen.   If they keep it, the costs could drop and better efficient services could be offered.   It may take some time to onboard all the AIM services into SAGICOR GROUP.

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/business/20220427/sagicor-investments-buying-aiml-securities-business