wayneb

Power Hour Trading?

So I'm starting my 4th month in sim and seem to always be down most of the day and then make it up in the power hour. Does anyone just trade the close? Everyone tells me the open is the way to go but I cant seem to master it. Any thoughts? Thanks.

You don't have to master the open if you do better at the close. I have never been able to successfully trade the last hour as you do.

You can try different strategies and risk management if you are having trouble trading the open. However, Focus on what you are good at and trade the hack out of the last Hour 🙂

What strategy do you use when trading the last hour?

Kasper Jensen

I guess you could call it a trend trade but a lot of stocks rally up or sell off at the close. Often I hold many trades till 5 sec before the close. Usually the opposition gives up in the last min. SPY lately has been selling off and I do very well in TVIX. When the SPY rallies up at the close I'll trade that. Spy can give a nice .30 or .40 cent move in the last 5 min. Today I made up a $1000 loss in the last hour after being down from the am. I feel it's not good trading however and will con't to work on the open sitting on my hands. I would be very profitable if I went into the power hour with a $0.00 P&L instead of down $800 to $1000.

How is your risk to reward in the last hour?

Are you risking too much for a small move?

Kasper Jensen