Jump to content
Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

My name is Jimmy and I live in Fort Worth, TX working as an engineer in the Aerospace and Defense industry. The pay is good and the work is pretty stress free, but no matter how good the work is I still want to be financially independent so that I can live life how I want it and not be stuck in the office all day. 

I just got started in trading, and the first trade I made a couple of weeks ago I made a thousand dollars and I thought I had it all figured out. The following couple of days I gave all those earnings back and lost an additional $1000.  I really want to be good at this so I decided to slow my roll and start practicing. I read Andrew's book How to Day Trade for a Living and it really opened my eyes. I've since been paper trading and practicing with historical data as well. 

I'm looking to meet other like minded people and perhaps join a group that I can bounce ideas off of. 

Hope I can meet you guys soon once this coronavirus thing blows over.

Jimmy

Edited by JIMMY BACCAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all,

It's the Jimmy's time, looks like another one join a few hours before I did 🙂

Am in New York. I currently work as the Information Technology Director for a health center. Hold a Master degree in Cyber Security and have done fairly well for myself but I always knew there was something missing. In order for me to achieve higher financial goals, I had to work more and more hours and gain new sets of skills or take new responsibility. The more responsibility I take, the less am able to enjoy what I make.

So I started searching for the unknown, and a friend introduce me to options trading. A week after some briefly YouTube videos I  signup to Robinhood with $1,200 and started options-trading. Within a week I made 800 and was immediately fascinated by it. Soon-after I double my initial investment and soon-after I lost it all in the China Trade War 🙂

Then I stumble into Andrews book and was laughing the entire time, because I felt he was talking about all the mistakes I made. Then I bough Brian's book and other research and its been a marvelous experience. I've been joining every morning for the pre-market show and finally decided to come onboard and meet others like minded traders and novice like me attesting to catch this one in a life time opportunity in the market.

Hope you are all well and keeping yourself save in this hard times.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all.

I'm from Dubai and like a lot of people here I too am new to Trading. 

Have in the past read a few books, have also put a small amount of money for trading and lost it! 

My background in education is Finance & I have worked in the Financial Services Sector for over 15 years, but I believe that all of this does not prepare you for Trading (or should I say has not prepared me as yet) and hence to learn more / be more successful I have joined this community.

I hope I am able to contribute here successfully and learn at the same time while making a livelihood eventually from Trading.

Look forward to connecting with the rest.

Best! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, My name is Antonio and I'm 29 from Toronto, Canada. I work as a Branch Manager in the finance industry. I've been doing my own investing/swing trading for the most part of the last 5-6 years and have recently had the time to invest into actually learning the details of the market. Through my research I found a few of Andrew's books which I initially listened to on my commute to work. After a little while I finally decided to join this community and I'm extremely excited to see what opportunities lie ahead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Prashant Malhotra said:

Hello all.

I'm from Dubai and like a lot of people here I too am new to Trading. 

Have in the past read a few books, have also put a small amount of money for trading and lost it! 

My background in education is Finance & I have worked in the Financial Services Sector for over 15 years, but I believe that all of this does not prepare you for Trading (or should I say has not prepared me as yet) and hence to learn more / be more successful I have joined this community.

I hope I am able to contribute here successfully and learn at the same time while making a livelihood eventually from Trading.

Look forward to connecting with the rest.

Best! 🙂

Welcome to BBT Prashant! Yes, financial education does not prepare you for Trading! 

38 minutes ago, Antonio Dimitrovski said:

Hi All, My name is Antonio and I'm 29 from Toronto, Canada. I work as a Branch Manager in the finance industry. I've been doing my own investing/swing trading for the most part of the last 5-6 years and have recently had the time to invest into actually learning the details of the market. Through my research I found a few of Andrew's books which I initially listened to on my commute to work. After a little while I finally decided to join this community and I'm extremely excited to see what opportunities lie ahead!

Welcome to BBT Antonio! 


Abiel Guerra

BBT Team

abiel@bearbulltraders.com

 @abielguerra 

Find your answers in our Knowledge Base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone, 

I am so grateful that I found  BBT community through Andrew's books. I joined with the monthly subscription but two days later, I changed to a lifetime member. That's the best decision, I've ever made in my life. 

Hats off guys, I was hesitant to join because I am a woman and although I work in a man dominant industry , I felt shy. I don't regret even a second, I am so inspired and motivated by all of you, I am reading and listening to the videos, taking notes, join the chatroom. I am so grateful, I found BBT community. There is an incredible and valuable information here, everyone is  always ready to share with others, lend a helping hand, it really feels like a  family where you can honestly share your struggles, fears and joys in a safe non-judgmental environment. 

A little about me, I am Bulgarian, living and working in Dubai for the last 10 years. I am a regional sales and revenue manager in a global car rental company.  A couple of years ago, I came across Andrew's Halam book " The millionaire expat" ( I am an avid reader 🙂 ) and found out that my retirement plan with an international, well known investment company is  just a long term insurance policy, presented as an investment plan,  with hidden fees, closely to 7.5 % per year.  I started to dive more and more into the financial markets, trying to find out how to invest my money better in order to achieve early retirement. Reading books about investments, swing and day trading made me think what actually best match my personality. At first, I found day trading not my cup of tea but after reading Andrew's books again and again, everything started to fall in place and make sense to me. I am definitely not a type of person who can handle money left overnight on the market ( I've done this and lost quite a big amount), nor I am only satisfied with passive investment in ETFs.  

My goal is to learn from all of you and become a successful trader over time. How long it will take, I don't know, I give myself 2 years but it may take longer but I am determined to go through the learning and practice curve as long as it takes.  What success means to me, become a disciplined trader, protect and grow my equity, think in probabilities and take responsibility for my trades. 

Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself and looking forward to connect with you all. Stay safe!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,


My name is Randall Roberts from Austin, Texas, and I am new to day trading.

Like many others here, I read Andrew’s book and connected with his ability to take a complex subject and process and make it understandable.  After reading another book, I decided to look at the resources on BBT. After watching a few episodes of Pre-Market Trading Prep and the Closing Bell on YouTube, I decided to join BBT as this community seems very open and welcoming.

I’m planning on starting in the simulator at the end of this week or early next, and I look forward to learning from other members here at BBT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to be here. I decided to sign up for a lifetime membership, blind, without hesitation, after reading Andrew's first book. I have been a value investor for 12 years, actively trading my retirement portoflio. Most of my trades have been swing trades and I didn't think "day trading" was a viable option outside of the institutions until reading Andrew's book. I have had a similar professional experiences to Andrew where I had to find entrepreneurial ways to navigate a changing economy while leveraging advanced education (like many of you have).  Many of the overarching philosophies resonate perfectly with me. Since, I have read Andrew's second book. I plan on beginning the simulator next week (while continuing to swing trade in my "bigger" account as Andrew would say).

Let's get to it!

-UVA Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, great to be here. 

I'm new to trading like many of you, and just started investing (far too late in life) early February just before everything tanked and lost almost half of everything overnight, lol. I pretty much laughed it off because I joined the motley fool around the same time and was planning for long term investing anyway. Not to mention, I didn't have much to lose anyway. Just a couple of thousand that I had planned to add 1,000 to each month. 

Reading their forums I came across someone who said all he was trying to do was increase his account by 1.3% a day, compounding it over time. That comment and YouTube video recommendation led me to another guy who focused on buying stocks for their dividends and some swing trading as a way to build wealth, but it requires you to keep buying stocks. 

Unfortunately, with everything being shut down now, my income (I drive tow truck), like many others, has tanked to about 50% of what it was, so no new stock purchases for the foreseeable future. 

So I did some more searching about swing trading and ran across Andrew's day trading book, which I'm finishing up currently. 

My account on robinhood is now in the positive, thanks to picking some stocks recommended at the MF, and I have actually sold most of it off Thursday and Friday so I can put it aside for day trading. 

My plan is to learn on the simulator and eventually move that money to a live account. 

I figured that I really have no idea how long my income will be cut so I may as well spend my time and that small chunk of money trying to grow it as best I can in the mornings before work. 

With any luck I can go full time in a year or so. 

Anyway, great to be here and I hope that some day I'll be able to contribute competently to repay what I'm learning now. 

Edit: sorry for the book, didn't realize I wrote so much. 

Edited by Tracy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

After plenty of research and reading Andrew's books, I have signed up as a lifetime member. I'm from the UK, Liverpool, and known by my surname 'Drew'. 

Andrew, his books, and this community feel like the perfect fit for how I want to trade. There's a long road of education and practise ahead of me but I am committed and it looks like I'll get the right support here.

Look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Drew

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone joined BBT a couple of weeks ago after reading Andrew's book. Been really digging into the information and practicing in sim (and replay mode). Felt like I was picking things up quick and now not so much based on my trades lol. Enjoying the chat room and the premarket show with Norm and Carlos. Looking forward to keep learning and getting familiar with the community!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

Complete noob here. Just joined - forum only, no subscription just yet.

Still reading Andrew's books and making sense of it all. I'm at the "whirlwind" stage i.e. one minute I'm reading Andrew's book; next minute I'm watching BearBullTraders youtube videos; then clicking off to CMEG / IB; then I'm on Dastrader's website; next I'm at timeanddate.com realizing I'll be up at 11:30pm for the market open (I'm based in Australia); etc.

Lot's to learn. Lemme get back to it...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2020 at 3:51 AM, vrtlmadness said:

Hi everyone,

Complete noob here. Just joined - forum only, no subscription just yet.

Still reading Andrew's books and making sense of it all. I'm at the "whirlwind" stage i.e. one minute I'm reading Andrew's book; next minute I'm watching BearBullTraders youtube videos; then clicking off to CMEG / IB; then I'm on Dastrader's website; next I'm at timeanddate.com realizing I'll be up at 11:30pm for the market open (I'm based in Australia); etc.

Lot's to learn. Lemme get back to it...

 

Welcome! We have some members in Australia.

On 4/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, BobbyR said:

Hey everyone joined BBT a couple of weeks ago after reading Andrew's book. Been really digging into the information and practicing in sim (and replay mode). Felt like I was picking things up quick and now not so much based on my trades lol. Enjoying the chat room and the premarket show with Norm and Carlos. Looking forward to keep learning and getting familiar with the community!

Welcome Bobby! 


Abiel Guerra

BBT Team

abiel@bearbulltraders.com

 @abielguerra 

Find your answers in our Knowledge Base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2020 at 6:52 AM, Matthew Drew said:

Hi everyone!

After plenty of research and reading Andrew's books, I have signed up as a lifetime member. I'm from the UK, Liverpool, and known by my surname 'Drew'. 

Andrew, his books, and this community feel like the perfect fit for how I want to trade. There's a long road of education and practise ahead of me but I am committed and it looks like I'll get the right support here.

Look forward to getting to know a lot of you here.

Drew

Welcome Drew! Make sure to take a look at our Europe BBT Members, our membership from UK is growing! 


Abiel Guerra

BBT Team

abiel@bearbulltraders.com

 @abielguerra 

Find your answers in our Knowledge Base 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.