Jump to content
Lee W

Introduce Yourself!

Recommended Posts

My name is Glenn Budde

My Wife has been telling me that I have the head for Day Trading for Many years.

In the past we have worked hard on a small business in Key West and since have always had Jobs along with some kind of retail business weather it was the Art store in KW, a Donut business, an online retail business that we still operate and recently an Amazon PL business. This last adventure cost us a few bucks but fortunately I was able to get ride of most of the product and not fall too far in the red. I have recouped enough for a small Day Trading Account.

I talked to a few people at work about this and they all had the same thing to say "Its tough and no one makes money doing it" after talking with them a bit more I realized that they were willing to put the money in but not put the time in to educate themselves and of course they lost money. Most of them are still holding on to Bitcoin for the long haul.

I decided to start reading some books on this and I started with Stock Trading for Dummies and realized that was not the right book for me. I then found Andrews first book and was hooked. I should have listened to my Wife a long time ago.

It just so happens that I work nights Sunday - Wednesday as a Poker Manager from about 3:30pm to 3:30am  (home to home) eastern time, so I am able to get a few hours sleep before I wake at 7:30am to get ready for my Classes

I joined BBT as a Lifetime Member on the 4th of July. I was almost done with Andrews first book. I woke up in the AM to watch the premarket show and at the time I would follow along on Think or Swim. I did this till the 15th of July.

From the first day of practice I did keep a journal on paper until now (I think I will still write it as I feel like doing it twice cant hurt help me remember).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I just signed up for the lifetime membership. I really enjoy learning about economics and finance, investing, and trading.

I currently live in Tokyo, Japan, and I work as a UI designer here.

I'm from Toronto, Canada.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 9:12 AM, George said:

Hi all,

I just signed up for the lifetime membership. I really enjoy learning about economics and finance, investing, and trading.

I currently live in Tokyo, Japan, and I work as a UI designer here.

I'm from Toronto, Canada.

 

 

Welcome George, I am also new here. I have learned a ton in the last 3 weeks and can see where this will lead me to a new adventure in my life.

Good luck to you and have fun doing it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 6:12 AM, George said:

Hi all,

I just signed up for the lifetime membership. I really enjoy learning about economics and finance, investing, and trading.

I currently live in Tokyo, Japan, and I work as a UI designer here.

I'm from Toronto, Canada.

 

 

Welcome to the community @GeorgeSound like a world traveling trader! Love it

We are thrilled to have you part of our community and hope to see you active in the chat!

Edited by WilliamH
Additional information
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, Glenn Budde said:

My name is Glenn Budde

My Wife has been telling me that I have the head for Day Trading for Many years.

In the past we have worked hard on a small business in Key West and since have always had Jobs along with some kind of retail business weather it was the Art store in KW, a Donut business, an online retail business that we still operate and recently an Amazon PL business. This last adventure cost us a few bucks but fortunately I was able to get ride of most of the product and not fall too far in the red. I have recouped enough for a small Day Trading Account.

I talked to a few people at work about this and they all had the same thing to say "Its tough and no one makes money doing it" after talking with them a bit more I realized that they were willing to put the money in but not put the time in to educate themselves and of course they lost money. Most of them are still holding on to Bitcoin for the long haul.

I decided to start reading some books on this and I started with Stock Trading for Dummies and realized that was not the right book for me. I then found Andrews first book and was hooked. I should have listened to my Wife a long time ago.

It just so happens that I work nights Sunday - Wednesday as a Poker Manager from about 3:30pm to 3:30am  (home to home) eastern time, so I am able to get a few hours sleep before I wake at 7:30am to get ready for my Classes

I joined BBT as a Lifetime Member on the 4th of July. I was almost done with Andrews first book. I woke up in the AM to watch the premarket show and at the time I would follow along on Think or Swim. I did this till the 15th of July.

From the first day of practice I did keep a journal on paper until now (I think I will still write it as I feel like doing it twice cant hurt help me remember).

 

@Glenn Budde That is an awesome start, if the wife thinks you have a "head for day trading" . . . one less person to convince! hahaha. Love it

The response you got from friends is similar to the response I got when I told family members about my day trading aspirations . . . "If you are going to throw money away, please just give it to me instead" . . .

Awesome story and so happy to have you part of the community!

I gotta ask though, what exactly is a Poker Manager?

Edited by WilliamH
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 11:45 AM, Mark B. said:

Hello, I'm Mark from Minnesota.

At my last job I was a security engineer for a bank where I made more money than I really needed.  I keep my living expenses very low, so that wasn't difficult.  All of it went to savings and I figured I should probably do something with it rather than let it sit there.  I started swing trading, though I had no idea that it had a name and wasn't very successful at it (truly an understatement), though I definitely saw the potential in it.

When I was laid off last month, I started researching and studying and realized that the rules of day trading fit my personality to an absolute 'T'.  I had never actually enjoyed swing trading.  I hated having positions sit open while I was at work, or after the market closed, or while I slept, but didn't realize it was an option to open and close them only for very particular periods of risk or reward.  So, when I stumbled upon day trading, it felt like coming home.

My first week day trading was green and I was surprisingly good at it with very little knowledge or experience yet, but I was using Robinhood to trade on my phone and a demo tradezero account to watch stock tickers on a really janky laptop.  Despite being green and quickly identifying profitable patterns, my setup was less than ideal, so I quit trading and started educating myself while I researched good day trading office setups, which is when I joined BBT.

My collection is nearly complete and I'll begin trading sim next week in a fully loaded home office to test out how well I do.  I'm excited to work with everyone here, and for the future ahead. 

Welcome to the BearBullTrader @Mark B. My best friend is in Minnesota right now, and his uncle Mark lives there, and for a SECOND I thought you were him! hahaha.

Thanks so much for introducing yourself and we are happy to have you join! I would absolutely love to see a picture of your fully loaded daytrading office setup if you have completed it yet?

I am redesigning mine at the moment as well and will share with the community when I am finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 1:40 AM, JenniferL said:

Hi BBT!

I am an American SAHM from Houston, TX with a Danish husband (of 26 years) and 2 teenage kids.  My family has lived in Switzerland for 16 years, and now that my kids are grown, I have some time on my hands.  My location is perfect for trading the US markets, and I am looking forward to a methodical study and practice regimen to prepare for live trading. 

I found the community after my sister recommended Andrew's book.  I listened to one chapter where I first heard the term "swing trading."  I promptly bought Brian's book, and have read through 2 or 3 times now!  After doing a 2-week trial a couple of months ago, I was really intrigued.  Now I have joined with Lifetime Membership, I am reading Andrew's books, watching the chatroom trades, and learning from the video trade recaps.  

I intend to start my sim practice after the summer holiday when I have some quiet, alone time.  I have a trading account here in Switzerland (Saxo Bank) which I use for other purposes.  One of the first things I am doing is researching my options re: brokers and trading platforms.

The honesty and transparency of the traders in this community is truly inspiring, and I look forward to learning from you all.  Hopefully, others can find something helpful from my experiences as I travel my own learning curve!

Jennifer (JenniferL in Chat)

@JenniferL Thanks so much for joining our community and for introducing yourself. I see you are in Switzerland. Did you by chance go to the recent meetup the other day

and get to meet Andrew?

Love all your kind words and that you are finding value. Are you still in search of the right platform and broker yet? Who are you leaning towards? I can help if you have any lingering questions about any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WilliamH said:

@JenniferL Thanks so much for joining our community and for introducing yourself. I see you are in Switzerland. Did you by chance go to the recent meetup the other day

and get to meet Andrew?

I am out of town this week!  So bummed to miss the meetup tonight, but my husband is going for me!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WilliamH said:

I gotta ask though, what exactly is a Poker Manager?

I work in a poker room as a Floor Manager....

If you not a poker player it would be similar to a Pit Boss in Vegas.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey BBT!

My name is Sukh I'm from Cheshire in the UK

I have owned my own businesses for the past 15 years, I now have time for a new challenge/project. I'm not keen to not add another business, more customers, more staff etc 

Trading seems like the right opportunity

I have been thinking about it for a while, stumbled upon Andrew on Twitter I believe and then bought and read his entire book in a weekend

I've been hesitant to dive in but decided to take the plunge and enrol yesterday, I've never done any trading of any kind real or on a simulator so I'm apprehensive but also very excited to be here and to get started

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, Glenn Budde said:

I work in a poker room as a Floor Manager....

If you not a poker player it would be similar to a Pit Boss in Vegas.....

Ahhh. I got it I got it. Thanks for that clarification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sukh Sidhu said:

Hey BBT!

My name is Sukh I'm from Cheshire in the UK

I have owned my own businesses for the past 15 years, I now have time for a new challenge/project. I'm not keen to not add another business, more customers, more staff etc 

Trading seems like the right opportunity

I have been thinking about it for a while, stumbled upon Andrew on Twitter I believe and then bought and read his entire book in a weekend

I've been hesitant to dive in but decided to take the plunge and enrol yesterday, I've never done any trading of any kind real or on a simulator so I'm apprehensive but also very excited to be here and to get started

 

Welcome to our Trading Community @Sukh Sidhu. We are so happy to have you join and thank you for introducing yourself.

Our most successful members are very active asking questions, getting to know other traders, digging through our education center,

and taking all our classes multiple times. If you do all that and take it very seriously, you will be able to pick up on everything in no time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 5:51 AM, Sukh Sidhu said:

Hey BBT!

My name is Sukh I'm from Cheshire in the UK

I have owned my own businesses for the past 15 years, I now have time for a new challenge/project. I'm not keen to not add another business, more customers, more staff etc 

Trading seems like the right opportunity

I have been thinking about it for a while, stumbled upon Andrew on Twitter I believe and then bought and read his entire book in a weekend

I've been hesitant to dive in but decided to take the plunge and enrol yesterday, I've never done any trading of any kind real or on a simulator so I'm apprehensive but also very excited to be here and to get started

 

Welcome

I too am very new.... I was on here for about 15 to 20 days just watching and reading and have now been in SIM for about a month. The amount of help from this community is above expectations and the knowledge that I feel like I have gained is also. Have a fun journey and good luck...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey BBT,

I'm Lukas, 25, living in Germany! I study computer science and I'm interested in the markets since I was a kid. Never got the into it until I wrote a paper about cryptocurrencies, a product that I understood (other than stocks and such). I owned quite a lot of cryptocurrencies and enjoyed the bubble. This was back in 2017; it was 2018 when I exited break even. Markets can be brutal.. However, I learned quite a lot during my ride and I began to dig deeper into various books about the markets. I tried swing and day trading in the stock and forex markets on my own with real- and paper-money but I'm sure I will be hit with a big loss if I continue what I am doing. 

Needless to say that I own Andrews books and I'm watching the community for a while now. just signed up for a 3 month simulation phase.  Subjectively speaking, I think I am the right type of person who can day trade. This will be tested in the next three month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, luke said:

This will be tested in the next three month.

Don't stress yourself with a short time-frame.  If you test for 8-12 months or much longer, you will be very normal.  Learning curve is large. Good luck and see you in the chat room!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.