Hi Andrew! Aside from journaling and recording my trades, what is the best way to spend my time if I want to improve my trading game? I am trying to get better at this, but I really want to get the most out of the limited time I have so your advice is appreciated. Open to any suggestions- books, videos, practice in sim, etc

Thank you!

1. Did you read my second book? I highly recommend it, not that is because of its for me, but I spend a lot of time and energy to go in depth in it.
  2. I recommend watching my video recaps going back in time. 
  3. I also highly recommend psychology books, starting from my suggestions in BOOKS sections. It is a typical mistake people think they need to learn more about the markets and ignore important aspect of trading like psychology. 

• Like 2

Wow thank you all for responding.

Andrew - did not g eat to ur second book yet. I guess that should be the first thing I do next. Thanks for ur reply!

Hugo that is a lot !! I actually LOVED that mark Douglas video-watched it awhile back. Thanks for the reminder, imma go watch it again.  So u spend a few hours trading and then another 2 hours reviewing? Seems like a lot  

Jason - that’s why I love the chat. It’s kind of hard to tell who’s successful tho, people tend to just post only the big days... so I don’t know if they’re consistent or not. 

Ija- I have that book, sitting on my bookshelf with all the other untouched lonely souls 🙈. Did u like it better than trading in the zone? 

Sara,Dr Steenbarger’s is very different than Trading In The Zone. It is much more of a practical guide how to go about trading from a behavioral standpoint along with tips and suggestions where as Mark Douglas’s book is more of a mind set on how to view trading and losing etc.... I’m holding about half way through it and I’m finding it well worth the read. All the best.

‘s

4 hours ago, Jason W said:

I know there is a lot of noise in the chat room. Personally I pay extra attention to what those people has to say. 

Brian P.  Lee W.  Robert H. Carlos M. Peter D. Norm

I don’t post my wins or losses. Frankly, I find that distracting so I tend not to pay attention to those posts. I also don’t volunteer my watchlist, but I’ll share when asked. I’m there to learn and help where I can, but I typically help with general information and DAS related topics. I’m also knowledgeable about the ups and downs of being a relatively new active trader, as it relates to psychology, so I’ll sometimes share when it comes to that.  As a new trader, I’m not comfortable giving trading advice or making trade calls.  

A) Many will post their wins, B) some will post their losses, and  C) you’ll never REALLY know who is consistent because of A) and B) mentioned above.  I’ve learned from Andrew (he’s the reason I joined a year ago) and I’ve also learned various things from Brian Pez, Robert H, Carlos, Peter D, William ADog, and Norm. The chat community is helpful for many, including myself, as there is an abundance of knowledge. You just have to figure out what info to take from whom. We can all learn a great deal from this community   

Jason W is my boo. We encourage each other to get in the room early, start prepping for the day, and get motivated. That, for me, is very important. 

Edited by Lee W
  • Like 5

I think much of what I would consider extra education has already been posted above, so I won't revisit that.

I can add one thing that I've learned a TON from: Bad trades, specifically reviewing them. Not journaling, or even rereading a journal, but just take a screen shot of the chart on a bad trade. Go back and look at it several hours later, or the next morning, or that weekend. I promise you'll look at it and say "What the hell was I thinking? What did I see there?". It is really eye opening.

Screen time, practice, and education will make you capable of finding good trades; learning to avoid the bad trades will make you profitable.

It is correct that I don't recap my bad trades and rarely share for public consumption, I try to show the things that work and reinforce that. I'll be the first to admit I'm green (new) in this game and no guru or wizard. I have plenty of rough days. This is a journey and I'm much closer to the beginning than the end, just trying to enjoy the process and become a little bit better of a trader each day! Doing recaps is part of my education process as well and knowing they will be seen by the public makes my live trading more disciplined because of that...nobody wants to look like a fool.

• Like 4

hello all, new to day trading, I am wondering where can i go to find some good financial news in the mornings?

Edited by MattYounus