Hi,

I thought I understood what’s referred to as Fallen Angel, but now I have my doubts. I have read Andrew’s first book and watched all his course videos but I fail to see where he mentions this strategy. Where can I find this clearly explained? TIA.

I actually read that post before but didn't really see the strategy explained - just some examples. If anyone wants to explain the strategy I would really appreciate that.

1 hour ago, serioustrader said:

I actually read that post before but didn't really see the strategy explained - just some examples. If anyone wants to explain the strategy I would really appreciate that.

well, a stocks gaps up, at open it goes hiiiiiiigh :D, well in that example you can see it went 30 cents up, then the stop failed to break the 2.75, and dropped to as low as 2.40, you can see it's just chopping around the lvl 2.40 and the a little bit above the VWAP, ignore all the chop, just focus on how it's holding the lvl 2.40, it tries to break it and go lower but it can't, it's consistantly being bought at 2.40, it's been holding the 2.40 for like 15 mins! Finally at 9:49 with volume the stock goes higher! reaches the premarket high, previous day high and even cracks it.

You might say the stock had volume at 9:39, why didn't he enter there :DD I actually don't know, if I was watching the stock I might have gone long at 9:39 or 9:44, anyway, it was still a good plan, your stoploss will be either below the 2.35 or that moving average, your target the high of premarket or day or whatever you've in your chart

In short, Fallen angel is as Andrew says a low float stock, with high volume, it's in play, it opens strong but then falls like an Angel, and then just keeps holding some level which is going to be your stoploss, once you see a volume spikes go long and wait either for your angel to hit your target or to fall even more and get stopped out))))

OK great, thanks Aiman! The pattern kind of looks like ABCD to me, but I think the key difference is that it's a low float stock that has opened up strong.

10 hours ago, serioustrader said:

OK great, thanks Aiman! The pattern kind of looks like ABCD to me, but I think the key difference is that it's a low float stock that has opened up strong.

well, I wouldn't say exactly they're the same, abcd pattern is a continuation of the trend, stock goes higher, then it just consolidates, maybe pullback just a little bit, and on the point d you take an entry. On fallen Angel the stock just drops so much, if anything, it can look like a reverse abcd, I mean imagine a huge drop, then a conslodiation, then logically one would expect a continuation of a downtrend, but with fallen angel you expect it to go high to it's starting point at least))