Robert H

Commission Structures Comparison - IB vs. SpeedTrader

This question was asked in the Lifetime Webinar. So here's a breakdown.

image.thumb.png.592b54c1099fe2792f47a0c56a622c9e.png

Note that SpeedTrader will rebate platform fees with commission of $450/month or greater.

• Like 1

Can you clarify whether in Example 2 where you trade 40K shares with IBs tiered per share structure ECN fees still apply? Depending on the applicable network fees it seems IB could be out of the money if they didn’t pass those through to traders.

As far as I'm aware, the exclusion of ECN + regulatory fees on Tiered structure remain the same regardless of volume. Nothing on their website states otherwise.

Another thing to consider is the flexibility of the platform. If you lease the platform directly from DAS the s/w lease could be used on multiple brokerage accounts while with ST their flavor of DAS locks the trader into trading just their account.

I'm not aware of any other brokers--other than IB--which allow you to link to DAS. Do you know of any in particular?

Can someone clarify what the best pricing structure is for a $30,000 account with IB? 

For reference, this would be about 6,000 shares of AMD per trade, with multiple scale outs on winning trades. 

Edited by nmarnson

6 minutes ago, nmarnson said:

Can someone clarify what the best pricing structure is for a $30,000 account with IB? I'm lazy, and my head hurts. 

For reference, this would be about 6,000 shares of AMD per trade, with multiple scale outs on winning trades. 

Tiered. Everybody uses this structure as it appears to be the cheapest in 95% of scenarios.

3 minutes ago, Robert H said:

Tiered. Everybody uses this structure as it appears to be the cheapest in 95% of scenarios.

Thank you.