beachtrader

Is this a reasonable Vision?

My vision in Retirement is to Day Trade 2 to 3 days per week and take vacations whenever I want to.  Once I am a competent (lets just define that as on balance making money) Day Trader is that a reasonable Vision and doable/achievable?

It is possible for certain, but if that is your mindset rather than “How can I become a good trader?” you probably won’t last.  

Smart people that are dedicated make a living from this.

If you are asking a forum on whether or not you can do it, you probably aren’t either.

You can always change that though.

Edited by Bailey Nevener

Thanks Bailey for your response.  When I chose the word competent it assumes that I have put in the work to become a good trader (defined as on balance making money) and then shifting to doing what I want to do in life which is Day Trade as a part of my life and not a full time occupation.  I understand from reading, researching, conversing that the journey is different for all of us and I am prepared for it to be years and not months to competency.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, Citadel78 said:

My vision in Retirement is to Day Trade 2 to 3 days per week and take vacations whenever I want to.  Once I am a competent (lets just define that as on balance making money) Day Trader is that a reasonable Vision and doable/achievable?

I don't think day trading is a easy profession to trade 2 to 3 days per week and have fun rest of the days! Definitely it's a day dream for a beginner.  It takes year after year for most of the traders to be successful or consistently profitable!!