imayusa

One month in! Looking for a trading buddy and/or mentor

Hello everyone!

My name is Ivan, 24, and I am just about a month into trading on the sim in DAS. Originally from Colombia, I was raised in South Florida. In my free time, I love hitting the beach and the gym as well as spending time with friends and family. One thing I've noticed about day trading is that you have to put in the time to practice, it's really the only way to see if it will be a viable career path. I'm almost fully recovered from Lyme disease, but in the meantime this has given me the time to see if day trading is right for me while also going back to school to get my degree (gotta keep all options on the table). My current plan is to practice on the sim and eventually with a small account in order to apply to a prop firm. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or recommendations in regards to prop firms? Also I'm looking for a trading buddy and/or mentor because I am determined to give day trading a real chance, and I would love to learn and grow as much as I can.