PDT

"Re-Roll" Hot Key

I apologize if this has been covered before but I could not find anything in the forums.  I'm looking to add a hot key that allows a "re-roll" to my trading strategy.  It would allow you to scale in to a trade while keeping the same risk.  For instance (and I would never do it under these exact circumstances), let's say I take 100 shares of a stock at $9.99 with a stop loss of $8.99, or $100 risk.  The stock drops to $9.  If I were to double my position at $9, now my average cost is 9.495 and my stop is 8.995.  I've barely changed my stop loss but now have twice the amount of shares and can either exit on a smaller move, or get roughly double the R:R on my original profit target.  I need to do some backtesting on where to do my adding (such as adding in half my position when it's 2/3 between entry and SL, or in this case 50 shares at roughly 9.33), but if a hot key could automatically do the math based for you based on where you tell it to add, for me it would be a huge help to my trading.  Any thoughts/tips appreciated.

JP

I'll take a look at what you posted thank you!  Maybe a real world example, that isn't as extreme, will help (see attached).  I'm a parabolic reversal trader, and especially like to do it around Camarilla extremes like R6.  So today AA broke through 54 and then rejected it around 9:45.  I missed the move so I set an alert and was able to scale in around 10:25 or so.  While my initial entry of 53.98 was just fine, and ensured I wouldn't be too stubborn to wait for the "perfect" entry, being able to add into my position essentially risk free around 54.08 made it even better.  I had the same stop, and my target of R5 got me 4R instead of around 3.5.  Not exactly life changing, but still a significant difference for my trading style. 

AA 16 Dec.JPG