vchandra11

Swing Trade Routine - Update 1

There are a number of typical chart patterns.  Some common/popular ones:

1. Cup Base Formation

2. Cup Base + Handle Formation

3. Rectangle Base Formation

4. Reversal Base Formation

5. Flat Cup or Saucer Base Formation

Attached is sample graphical analysis of ADBE as of end of day today.  +1.9% profit on first breakout, +2% profit today on second breakout. My position sizes were small and with the market being  currently choppy, and being end of week both times, decision was to cash out at end of the week. So we see that a lot of times the exit decision is generally at the trader's personal comfort level. The rational behind this type/level of analysis is to enter a trade at your personal comfort level...remember our fear + greed + anger characteristics. So for new traders, it is good to have a mentor per my previous responses in the Forum. 

I have three Watchlists:

1. Growth Stock Watchlist: Master updated quarterly. Review each stock daily for prospective Buy Points.

2. Prospective Buy Point Watchlist: Update daily. Review end of each day for potential entry with Buy Stop Order.

3. Position Watchlist: Update daily. Review P&L every day for stocks that I have position in for partial profit exits and final exit. 

Coming up: Typical Rectangle Base Formation

Food for thought: checkout AAPL, IQV, ASML, DKS, HSY, PKI, WELL, LOW, XLK, SPY, QQQ for current chart pattern formations.

Typical Graphical Analysis - Cup Base +Handle - Before Trade.pdf

• Like 1