Bornready95

Switching Brokers TD to IBKR

I'm a new member here and looking to switch over to IBKR pro from TD Ameritrade. I am familiar with DAS just had a few questions in regards to switching. Is there an easy way to transfer funds from my TD brokerage to IBKR? Also as far as using DAS trader I know IBKR charges commissions on trades, by using DAS is the $150/mo fee all associated costs? Or are they charging commissions as well? Thank you for any insight. 

It's the $150/month plus commissions (I use tiered).  When I did it, I transferred my money from TD to my bank, and then from my bank to IB.  I did the change about 9 months ago, so worth it!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, Bornready95 said:

I'm a new member here and looking to switch over to IBKR pro from TD Ameritrade. I am familiar with DAS just had a few questions in regards to switching. Is there an easy way to transfer funds from my TD brokerage to IBKR? Also as far as using DAS trader I know IBKR charges commissions on trades, by using DAS is the $150/mo fee all associated costs? Or are they charging commissions as well? Thank you for any insight. 

Does DAS work with TD Ameritrade?

2 hours ago, zubair709 said:

Does DAS work with TD Ameritrade?

DAS works with TD Ameritrade. During DAS subscription you need to select TD Ameritrade as your broker.

Hi there new here too. I am too gonna switch over to IB eventually. Problem is i need to transfer my account over and long shares from td to IB. Anyone know how long the process of transferring accounts over takes? and is it smooth?

• Like 1

I've been using TD with DAS since July no issues.  If you wanted to switch to IB I would just leave your long positions open with TD and move the cash over if you plan to daytrade, this way you have two accounts one for day trading one for swing/long positions. The only benefit I've head to IB is for shorting but you can short easy to short stocks in TD just fine.