Moe

Hotkey issue (set default share)

Hi Guys,
I need your help about this hotkey 

StopPrice=Price-0;DefShare=BP*0.925;Price=Ask-Price+0.00;SShare=50/Price;Share=DefShare-SShare;DefShare=DefShare+SShare;SShare=Share;Sshare=DefShare-SShare;Share=0.5*SShare;TogSShare;ROUTE=SMRTL;Price=Ask+0.05;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send;DefShare=100;TriggerOrder=RT:STOP STOPTYPE:MARKET PX:StopPrice-0.05 ACT:SELL STOPPRICE:StopPrice QTY:Pos TIF:DAY+;

I believe most of you using it. But when I press it sometime I get this error

image.png.93fbe503f485797ec732d90489f2c714.png and it seems like it's the same value in the script that I highlighted in red. sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I hope someone can help me since I can't trade without fixing this

Thank you

Moe

what you showed on your screenshot is not an error so post the actual error you get

So I get this message on Montage "Set default share to ......." and if I click the hotkey again. it throw an error like following 

image.png.78f45489b8faa3bb55049c31e344f530.png

either you havent clicked to the price level in the chart or you clicked so tight that the price action is already moved beyond your clicked price

or the 0 range tolerance in your hotkey causes it

This is an important note Peter!
so that means I should double click on the chart before pressing the Hotkey? 

yes your hotkey is supposed to set automatic stop loss and open a position size so you risk $50 on the trade.

the variable "price" is the price you click on the chart. you need to have click to trade enabled on that chart first.

strange that you wonder, you should have some idea what you are trying to do and why you use a specific hotkey at least

Thanks Peter!

I wonder because it's my first time to change my hotkeys strategy, before I used to use simple hotkey with fixed amount of shares with soft SL. which didn't need to double click on the chart when I use it.

Now I'm changing my strategy to have a fixed SL. and thanks for being in a community that I can ask and I know I'll find helpful people to help like yourself.

Thanks again Pater

have a good weekend

Moe

you are welcome, fixed SL is the perfect way to start with to get proper statistical data so you know easier what kind of trader you are