troyn1080

DAS Trader help with lvl 2

Hello everyone, I am a new member, and new to the art of day trading. I just downloaded DAS trader, currently on the 2 week free trial doing paper trading, and had a few questions about buying and selling stocks.

In regards to hotkeys. The default for buying with a risk reward is 1-2 risk reward, which is ok but I wanted to increase that risk reward to increase the potential profits from the purchase. An example for today, was I purchased 100 shares long of NIO at $15.68, it than went up, but because of the small parameters of the default hotkey, it auto sold the stock at 15.88. Which is an ok gain, but I didn't want to sell at that low of a gain. I went into the hotkey menu and thought I changed it to a .50 profit sell, but on another purchase it sold at .20 again, so I think I did something wrong.

I was also trying to change  the buy or sell limit hotkey from  .10 above/below ask/bid to .5 above/below ask/bid. It seemed like an easy change when I looked at the hotkey script. I just changed where it said .10 to .5 on the script, is that all that's needed to make that change?

Final question. Today I was trying to short bngo. When I pressed the hotkey for short x shares and set a 1-3 risk reward, (which is default shift +9) nothing happened. It showed up on order window, but never came up on the active trades, or showed a red arrow on the stock chart symbolizing a short.  Likewise, when I purchased stocks to go long without a stop loss, I couldn't sell them back. I pressed the hotkey to sell x shares and nothing happened, and the sell button had changed to short in lvl 2. It almost made me think shorting wasn't allowed, but not being able to manually sell any of the stocks was worrisome,

If anything is unclear, please let me know and i'll try to describe it better. It was my first day using DAS Trader, and I don't know coding or scripting, so I felt a little lost.

Thanks!