fintan777

Possible to trade from different country?

I am from Europe but will be going on a holiday to either Mexico or the Caribbean (possibly Barbados). I use IB (Europe) with DAS - will I be able to execute trades from outside of EU? Could be a dumb question but just wanted to ask peoples thoughts. Thanks

2 hours ago, fintan777 said:

(possibly Barbados)

Hey,

Lived in Barbados for 9+ yrs. Generally, u should have no probs trading from Barbados as they have great telecoms firms/infrastructure.  It will depend on the hotel/accommodation u stay  at and the Internet connection they provide.  Bigger hotels will have better and some AirBNBs can provide/upgrade connection packages from local ISP on request.

Have been away from island for some years. While in Barbados was part of team that setup Bank of Montreal offshore trading floor, not sure if they still use it as it was years ago when SUN Microsystems was the hot computer systems. of the day. So capabilities exists from those days.

Should be a blast.

Hi Alastair. Thanks for your reply. The trading time is great as well compared to EU - market open is at 2:30pm.