Sign in to follow this  
Zack Zarr

MT4-One Click Trading

MT4 Tricks- One Click Trading

Metatrader 4 or MT4 is the most common platform for trading forex and commodity futures. It is free and normally comes with the registration in your broker of choice. Although it is possible to use the same platform and use your login information from any broker, it is recommended to stick with the version of MT4 that comes with your registration. In many cases, some pairs or instruments are not tradable when you use an MT4 platform from another broker.

An interesting and extremely useful feature of MT4 platform is its One-Click Trading panel. As the name suggests, it allows placing orders with only one mouse click and avoid typing entry and exit price levels manually.

In most typical cases, you should be able to find this feature upon installation and logging in your MT4 platform. Open a chart and simply click on the smaller down arrow beside the pair symbol at the top left corner of the chart. See below:

MT4-1clicktrading-0.png

Using this panel, you can place “market order” by pressing the buy or sell button with the selection of your lot size.

In some cases, after the MT4 installation, the One-Click Trading feature might not be already activated. In such situations, you can do one of the following two methods to activate it:

Press Alt+t to activate this feature

Go to the Tool>Option>Trade and check the One-Click Trading option. Agree with the terms and you will have the arrow showing near the symbol.

Another useful feature of the On-Click Trading is being able to place and move orders on the chart at the desired price. If you have traded long enough, you would know the pain of having to type in the entry levels, and the stoploss and target profit levels. With this option activated, you can right-click and place any type of order being market, limit or stop order. See image below:

MT4-1clicktrading-3.png

On an already opened order, you can click on the order level and drag up and down to define stoploss and target profit right on chart as you see below:

MT4-1clicktrading-4.png

There are some more tips and tricks about the MT4 which I point out in the coming posts. Overall, it is an easy to work application which makes it very easy to trade forex. The particular feature I mentioned in this post is something that I heavily use and rely on for placing my orders.

Zack

Hi Zach,

Reading your book. Lot of knowledge.

Would you consider having daily 10-15 min recap/knowledge video for members (or in YouTube)?

Thanks in advance.

(Forex is a new area for me, I have a 9-5 job that I am not ready to quit yet, that's why Forex has good appeal to me, just started studying)

- Shahed

Thank you for your feedback.

The knowledge sessions are in the works, will happen in the coming weeks. Go over the book, practice with demo account and learn the basics. There is much more in forex trading, so your basic knowledge is necessary.

Zack