Jump to content

We have moved to Discord. Please click here to join us in the Trading Terminal Discord server.



These forums are read-only.

TommyK667

Figured out Stop Limit entry hotkey

Recommended Posts

TommyK667

So I've searched the forum before and I don't think I've found a definitive answer on how to do it, but I somehow figured it out today. Double click chart to set the price you want first.

This is how I do it in case anyone is interested:

-Stop Limit order for a long entry (say for a breakout), with 200 shares and 3 cents limit:

Route=Stop;StopType=LIMIT;StopPrice=Price;Price=Price+0.03;Share=200;TIF=DAY+;BUY=Send

(Shorting for a breakdown would be the same except change it to Price-0.03, and change to "SELL=Send").

 

-Stop Market order after the above order is filled to set a hard stop. Double click on chart to set price first:

Route=STOP;StopType=Market;StopPrice=Price;Share=Pos;TIF=DAY+;SELL=Send

(Again for covering a short it is the same but change it to "BUY=Send").

 

I have also realized there is a command for the replace button, which is simply "REPLACE". So now I have a hotkey for that as well instead of manually left clicking the RPL button in montage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Template core/front/global/mobileNavigation is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.