Dutch

Any BBT Mountain BIkers ?

HI All,

Seeing Andrew living his passion of running I thought to ask if ther were any Mountain bikers in the BBT family ?

Hey Jason,

Awesome, where about are you if you dont mind the question ? Seems there are no oficially 2 of us 🙂

Cheers

Dutch

I do a bit, but now I'm 50 falling off hurts too much and I don't like being burnt off by precocious little millennial types then becoming the slow old fart plastered all over instagram. 

I sold my SC Nomad in 2016 before I went working overseas again. It's more adventure touring / bike packing I do but I still ride and enjoy single track, but that's limited in Singapore couple of OK spots but malaysia and indonesia are pretty close and they have plenty -  I''ve still got my custom Surly Karate Monkey, RockShox SIDS, Rohloff speed hub, Son 28 Dynohub, Revelate bags, etc. At the moments it's used more as a Raleigh Shopper than riding single track unfortunately.

That maybe counts as 2 1/2 now

Edited by jonosg

HI Jonosg

Grreat to hear form you and thanks for the post. I'm also heading towrd my 50's so I know what you mean. The main thing is thayt you are out and about and enjoying riding, what ever type you do now.

A Nice bike. As I am in the UK not to many exotic places to ride but we make do. ENough to still come unstuck if you are not paying attention !!

Great to chat and catch you in the chat room.

Cheers

Dutch

On 3/31/2020 at 2:02 AM, Dutch said:

Hey Jason,

Awesome, where about are you if you dont mind the question ? Seems there are no oficially 2 of us 🙂

Cheers

Dutch

Hey Dutch, I am in Bend, Oregon USA. 100's of miles or many km's of singletrack here right out my door basically. It's awesome and a great way to relieve stress and get exercise after work and trading. Even during lunch!

IMG-1574.thumb.jpg.d28d76c14f7929efae05ee36bd4a0d47.jpg

HI Jason,

Wow now I am jealous, Looks awesome. We ahve a fair amount of space but not on your sacle down South here in the UK. I'll post a pic of the bike park I go to when I can find them.

Cheers

Alistair (Dutch)