JenniferL

These Levels Are Magic (Sub-Forum Idea)

Dear BBT -- I watch the pre-market show every day, and set up my watch list in real time, to the best of my ability.  Carlos is extremely efficient, and sometimes, I just cannot capture all the information.

Maybe this exists, and I just have not found it, but . . . What do you think of starting a sub-forum to capture the data we have as a group regarding known support and resistance levels for a given stock?

If I were setting it up, I think I would list stocks we are trading/have traded alphabetically by ticker symbol.  Each ticker would be its own "topic" in the sub-forum, and then we can go in and "reply" to that post with our levels.   Is it possible to make a sub-forum sort topics alphabetically rather than by most recent?

The sub-forum could grow over time as people add new stocks and levels.  It would be such a valuable resource to go in pre-market and add the levels to our charts with a little more time.

Thanks for listening!  Would love to know your thoughts.

Jennifer L

imho it is just not so much important and as you might already know it changes over the time so a week later the data could be obsolete and unmanagable. The forum would end up with all the possible values especially if you will enter a level of previous day close or the all time high etc. If you cannot follow carlos you just teach how to do it yourself. You will get into it in 20 days just by watching Carlos. i guarantee that

• Thanks 1

Hi, I had the same issue when i started- I just couldn't keep up with carlos . 

So i recorded the  Pre-market show  and when the trading day was over, I would rewatch the show and paused it as he was doing the lines so i could work out where he was putting them and most importantly WHY he was choosing that specific price level in the chart (the pre-market show is available on you tube now so you don't have to record it yourself now😀)

I then also has a daily chart up of the stock he was adding the lines to and tested myself to see if i could plot the same lines. once you do this for 2 weeks you will be able to add your own support and resistance lines easily.

Now I build a watch-list the same as Carlos and when norm is doing the announcement I add my own lines to each chart and then double check them against the ones that Carlos points out, it easier to move a line a few cents than try to add new ones .

• Thanks 1

I forgot to add their is a class in the education center that explains  these levels in great detail, ( CLASS 2), which i watched a number of times to help me add my own, which i highly recommended you watch.

hope this helps

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ANTHONY_UK said:

.......So i recorded the  Pre-market show  and when the trading day was over, I would rewatch the show and paused it as he was doing the lines so i could work out where he was putting them and most importantly WHY he was choosing that specific price level in the chart....

That’s a great idea!

Edited by Tom Fraser
  • Like 1