cjshan26

Cost for Trade Ideas Scanner

Hi, 

I am curious to know how much Trade Ideas costs?  I have not downloaded it yet, as I am picking back up my day trading education.  However, I don't feel like I can get a guage for how much Trade Ideas actually costs for Day Trading.  

It depends if you go with Standard or Premium, and whether you subscribe monthly or annually. Most people go with Standard. Use coupon code VANCOUVER15 for 15% off by following this link.

When you are first starting out, the cost of TI can be quite significant. This is why we recommend using the scanners in the chatroom.

Keep a lookout for TI Test Drives and promotions. The former is a 5-day free trial; the latter offers significant discounts.

The current price for the standard scanner, the same scanner used in the chatroom, is currently $118 per month.  You can also get annual discounts and I think you can even use a code like the VANCOUVER15 for an annual subscription.  I have had both the standard and premium but the standard is all I need.  And I have even thought about dropping because the chatroom scanners seems to give me most of what I need.

Thanks so much to all for the responses...much appreciated.  So about $118/month for a day trading scanner.  That is obviously significant, but at the same time, compared to the upside with sound trading strategies, upside can outpace that cost, including the others.   

So a few more questions that I would truly appreciate your continued expertise with:

1.  Fidelity "Active Trader Pro" - Fidelity is my current broker.  I don't have Active Trader Pro downloaded yet but will be doing so.  I am not sure if that would work with the Scanner, or if that would be a quality broker either way.  

I am obviously at the crossroads here where I am weighing my investment and level of commitment (both time and money) vs. costs (both upfront and operational).  I still need a quality platform (PC) so that is being budgeted for. 

2.  Any advice you can give on what the best next steps should be knowing where I am at today?  My plan at this point (while now active member with BearBull Traders) would be to continue my education with the website.  There is clearly LOTS of great educational material that I have access to.  Once I gather just enough to be dangerous, would I think get the simulator?  I guess I am looking for maybe a Day Trading Launch checklist or maybe a Plan!  I know a lot of this has variables that are specific to me, but was just curious if anyone else had experience with the steps they took from "interested in day trading...acquiring skills and education...to actively and successfully day trading on a consistent basis.

Again, any and all feedback and assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Chris

Trade Ideas is running a St PAtrick's day promotion at the moment 25% off and I think I'll subscribe to the Standard monthly plan which shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Having a scanner in the chatroom is great, but the eventual goal is to be independent and I think I should learn how to build/use the scanners on my own. Also, would be nice to have access to the system beyond the market hours. Thoughts?

• Like 1

The 25% discount only applies to one payment. If you choose the monthly plan, you’ll get 25% off the first month. If you choose the annual plan and pay it all at once, you’ll get 25% off the entire amount. Annual is a much better deal.

You can double check with them on this, but that’s how the discount has usually been applied. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 8:04 AM, Lee W said:

The 25% discount only applies to one payment. If you choose the monthly plan, you’ll get 25% off the first month. If you choose the annual plan and pay it all at once, you’ll get 25% off the entire amount. Annual is a much better deal.

You can double check with them on this, but that’s how the discount has usually been applied. 

Yup, read the fine print right after I posted my "awesome" plan. So I either have to consider the yearly or do monthly without the promotion.

Still the other question still remains about the necessity of Trade Ideas for a new trader who has access to BBT chatroom. Thanks.

• Like 1