Jump to content

We have moved to Discord. Please click here to join us in the Trading Terminal Discord server.



These forums are read-only.

trader_JK

Tax Prep & Form with CME Group

Recommended Posts

trader_JK

Hi BBT Members,

I need some suggestion or guidance. If you live in the US, how do you do tax if you have CME Group. I asked them about the tax form and they told me to download from the portal. But there is no 1099-B like US broker. They told me that they don't have country specific form. Please let me know how you work with this kind of non-standard form. I understand that you are not tax advisers but I wonder how other people are dealing with this. Thank you in advance. 

Johnny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lee W

I’m not with CMEG, but an option for you is to use TradeLog.  https://www.tradelogsoftware.com/

Using this, you’d be able to import all of your trades into the software and it will generate the proper form 8949 for tax filing.  I’m assuming you’ve not elected MTM with the IRS. If you have, TradeLog can handle that, too. It just isn’t form 8949. I believe it is 4797. 

Edited by Lee W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
trader_JK

Thank you so much Lee. I will give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[[Template core/front/global/mobileNavigation is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.