• RECENT POSTS

• SCHWAB / THINKORSWIM - HOW T+1 SETTLEMENT WORKS WITH A CASH ACCOUNT I switched a trading acc with Schwab from Margin to Cash mid-day yesterday. I do options day trading in this acc - only long options (buying calls and puts) - so a cash acc works well for me - don't need the margin and the PDT restrictions. Here's some important info for Schwab/TOS from TOS support: 11:50 Adam_V: When you make a daytrade in a cash account, you will see your buying power replenish immediately 11:50 Adam_V: Even though the funds are not settled 11:51 Adam_V: It is much easier to incur a good faith violation as a result 11:51 Adam_V: For trading on unsettled funds 11:51 Adam_V: We recommend adding in the "Cash Available for Withdrawal" balance to keep track of how much you have in Settled Funds for trading Yesterday, after an options day trade in TOS in the new Cash acc, predictably, my "Cash Available for Withdrawal" dropped by the amount I spent on buying the options. ("Available Funds For Trading" showed the higher settled value - which the TOS support warned about). This morning, "Cash Available for Withdrawal" is at the settled amount. So with T+1 settlement, at least for Schwab/TOS , the settled funds are available the next day morning - awesome! To avoid cash acc trading violations, in TOS, trade with funds within the "Cash Available for Withdrawal". https://www.fidelity.com/learning-center/trading-investing/trading/avoiding-cash-trading-violations  
    • For only stocks use the $150 package.  You can add Arca Book more more order book depth (more Level 2)
    • Newer versions of DAS have two options to visualize menus and settings. Go to Setup > Other configuration and you have USE NEW CONFIG WINDOW selected. That´s the new menus and settings. Uncheck it and you will get the old menus, just like the videos.
    • Hi, I’m planning to start day trading from the UK. I have set up an IB UK account to be linked to Dastrader. Please let me know if there are downsides with this set up trading US markets from the UK? Thank you
    • 📉 +$398 Trade Recap: $AMD LOD Break, $TSLA VWAP Scalp/Breakout🚀 Trade Date 5/29/24 Entry/Exit: AMD rejected VWAP early, pulled back to the 9EMA 1-min and trended lower. I went short towards LOD/PDL and liquidity of large ASKs @ $165, stop was a new 1-min high towards VWAP. Added more as I felt the break imminent and partialed out at LOD break, S5, and at a daily moving avg. TSLA was pulling back towards the consolidation area at S2 and I was looking for a quick scalp to VWAP. Stop was break of $175 (200SMA 1-min Pink line). Added more at S2 and partialed out at VWAP. Re-entered again a little early for a break of VWAP, stop was break of S3 this time. Added more after a nice bullish 5-min booster candle and decent 1-min bullish candles. Target was PDC and exited fully. hashtag#AMD hashtag#TSLA hashtag#ScalpVWAP hashtag#VWAPBreakout hashtag#LODBreak

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.