Rick B

Cincinnati/Tri-state area

Is there anyone near me in the Cincinnati area?  I am hoping to start a group in my area.

Hey Troy.  Thanks for responding.  I'm not sure if we can get any big "turn outs". But if Andrew wants to come hang out with us, that would be great!   I live in northern Kentucky.  Florence to be exact.  I actually used to work at Blue Grass Station for a very little time.  I met some really great people down there.  Winchester, Mnt Sterling etc.  I hope your day trading career is going great!  I'm still in the sim.  doing well, but being very cautious.  Planning on going live around first of July.  Stay in touch and maybe we can get a few more people on board to have a "meet up with Andrew".   If not, lets at least meet up for a beer and talk trading.  

Rick Burton

Hey everyone.  I am a new member and live in Lebanon, Oh - near King's Island.  

Have you all been able to get together yet?  

Gary 

Hey Gary-

We have not had any meet ups here in the Cincy Area yet.  I was actually hoping we would get a few more members on board before trying to put something together.  But it doesn't seem like we're getting too many members joining in our area. 

I'm new to live trading just last month.  So I am not a wealth of knowledge.  But if you all wanted to meet up, or try to get Andrew down here, I'm all for it!

I'm brand new, myself.  Just got my station all set up and have done 2-3 trades in Sim.  I timed it along with a surgery I need to have done (tomorrow) and I'll be off

work for a few months... figured this would be the perfect time form Sim trading.  So I'll be out of commission for a little while.  We'll see what happens as to new traders in

the area.    How are you doing so far with live trading? 

He Cincinnati area traders.

Lets see if we can get some traction on this thread and if we have enough members in the area

we can try to do an Official Bear Bull Traders meetup.

Hey WilliamH-

Thanks for the shout out!  The three of us are all close to Cincinnati and it appears all would like to meet up also.  Maybe if we could get a "nod" during live trading that our area is looking to put together a local meet up.  Perhaps a friendly reminder for traders to check the forum for local meet up groups??  

It sure would be great to have an official BBT meet up!!!  Hopefully, we can get some interest and make it happen!

RickB

Hey Gary-

On 8/26/2019 at 1:06 AM, Gary Allen said:

How are you doing so far with live trading? 

It has been an adventure to say the least.  My advice to you would be to make sure you spend your time in the sim as if you were trading live.  I wasted too much time making ridiculous trades that I would never make live.  Also, I have my account with CMEG and I requested a "max loss" for daily trading.  What I found out very quickly is that you cannot go into a trade with 1500 shares and not expect to get stopped out (for the day) on the slightest move against your trade.  Share size and stop loss have to be "on the same page"  Right now I am working with small share sizes and not worrying too much about P&L.  With that said, following the rules is a daily struggle .  It takes everything I have sometimes to sit on my hands and wait for the right set up.  Sadly, once I'm stopped out for the day, it seems like I can trade very well in the sim. IF I had only waited for the right set ups!!!